MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Late war M38 helmet?

Article about: I bought this from a long time dealer, I'm hoping i did not make a big mistake so opinions are welcome. The chinstrap is 90% gone and the leather helmet shell is pretty well gone.

Default Late war M38 helmet?

I bought this from a long time dealer, I'm hoping i did not make a big mistake so opinions are welcome. The chinstrap is 90% gone and the leather helmet shell is pretty well gone. Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?Late war M38 helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war M38 helmet?
    P
    Many

From what I see it looks like it could be OK, but wait for some other opinions.

Original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes original , looks like the liner has had blood rot , most likely picked up by a vet off a dead Paratrooper

Nice to see an original for once! Thanks for posting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definitely a rare sight to see an original!

M38
    ?

Too bad about the condition but all good and will look fine sitting on the shelf. Nice big size. Congrats!

Cheers,
    Terry

Indeed, a good one. The late war issue had no decals and the standard Feldgrau paint finish. Even as is, it is a nice pick-up. NH

Thank you all for the replies, it has some issues but I'm very happy that it's an original one and not one of the many very well done fakes out there. Maybe I'll find a nice chinstrap, its also missing aluminum spanner but i really could not be more pleased with it.

This was my place holder fake for years, its to have it replaced by a real one. Late war M38 helmet?