Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.

Article about: My Wifey had a laugh- she'd do that conversion on all my helmets

Default Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.

Here is one a little bit different. I notice that it does not appear to have the tooling mark as per ET helmet shells that seems to be expected. I am in no doubt that this is the real deal so why is the tooling mark missing....I am not an expert on Fallschirmjager helmets I just have a passing interest so all info is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.   Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.  

Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.   Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.  

Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Light blue FJ helmet with a difference.

I love it!

I think the tooling mark will be there, sometimes they can be faint, and the enamel will have covered it over.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A holy helmet ( pardon the pun)
    Morris

That one must have looked strange out there in the trenches And, no liner...? How strange... must have been part of some very specialized unit this one

I think my grandma used one of those back in the old days to strain spaghetti

?

I would love one of these for my kitchen!

Brad.

Is it possible for the enamel to be removed so it's true colors and possible decals appear? It would be nice to have this one restored by removing only the enamel... So the helmet will have a more combat look but still will have it's post war use look too!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Is it possible for the enamel to be removed so it's true colors and possible decals appear? It would be nice to have this one restored by removing only the enamel... So the helmet will have a more combat look but still will have it's post war use look too!
    It might be possible to remove the enamel, but he application of it involved considerable heating and there will be no paint or decals surviving from the process IMHO.

Cool Lid and I always fancied getting one of these.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sad!!! But still i've seen some helmets that still have some of their original colors and decals after survivng from many troubles! 3rd Reich did good job in applying these on the helmets! Who knows....

The enamel process involves heating the metal to between 750 and 850 °C (1,382 and 1,562 °F) so the paint and decals are very unlikely to survive such temperatures.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast