Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted

Article about: HI ALL..another one up for bid,,,opinions wanted,,,barely legible maker marked leather liner is "ron holstaf berlin g2----"..thanks in advance,,,robert

Default Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted

HI ALL..another one up for bid,,,opinions wanted,,,barely legible maker marked leather liner is "ron holstaf berlin g2----"..thanks in advance,,,robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted   Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  

Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted   Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  

Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted   Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  

Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted

Looks like an artificially aged liner, in fact im not happy with the whole helmet, chin straps suspect, the liner is distorted which appears to be a fairly common trait with the fakes that are being reproduced, how much is being asked for this lid, i may be proved wrong but i dont like it

Quote by davejb View Post
    Looks like an artificially aged liner, in fact im not happy with the whole helmet, chin straps suspect, the liner is distorted which appears to be a fairly common trait with the fakes that are being reproduced, how much is being asked for this lid, i may be proved wrong but i dont like it
    Would need better pictures,but I would agree with Davejb this does look artificially aged.I just do not like it .

this is one of the helmets sold on ebay and made in polland, he allways make the same stamping in the liner he sells them for 79 euro by nowand they are bad quallity and real rubbish

just found some more of this guy on ebay and addet some photos of stuff from him to compare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted   Luft fallschirmjager helmet,,,opinions wanted  

this helmet was not offered on Ebay,,,but it sold at auction for $750.00 + 18% commission!!!,,,the fool should be a active member here!l...

?

This really riles me, and although this person may not be a learned collector, common sense should make you wary and inspection would have shown some danger signs, its supposed to be a 70yr old helmet, but i must also blame in part the auction house, i would expect as here that they have some person on site or visiting that would flag up these obvious fakes and it seems to me that the only motivation involved is making a fast buck, i only hope that someone will later view this helmet and give a true assessment and the buyer can recoup his money

Quote by davejb View Post
    This really riles me, and although this person may not be a learned collector, common sense should make you wary and inspection would have shown some danger signs, its supposed to be a 70yr old helmet, but i must also blame in part the auction house, i would expect as here that they have some person on site or visiting that would flag up these obvious fakes and it seems to me that the only motivation involved is making a fast buck, i only hope that someone will later view this helmet and give a true assessment and the buyer can recoup his money
    The problem with auction houses ,they do not really have experts in militaria.I have seen so many fakes at auction house.but they are selling them has real.

?

Auction house sales go by auction house rules, no returns and cash on the barrel, you better know your stuff if bidding at auction on German militaria.

Poor bastard is now out of a lot of money - but that said: 750 is nothing compared to the price of a REAL FJ.....if he knew the value behind these helmets - he should have known what he was getting was NOT a good helmet.

Rob