Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Luftwaffe FJ helmet - opinions please

Article about: Guys, could you take a look at a helmet I've been offered today from a guy in northern Italy. I've had the helmet in my hand, and it's without doubt 100% spot on, as it the liner and chin-st

Default Re: Luftwaffe FJ helmet - opinions please

Quote by Bond View Post
    What a strange thread. So the paint was fake and the decal was added postwar. In future I shall refrain from adding my opinion on any of your items, as you knew all the answers before you asked.

PS I still don't like the way the talons clutch the swaz.
    Noooooooo, the only original part WAS the decal, the helmet, paint and everything else was 1999 vintage, but there again.....I only asked about the decal.
    Regarding the talons......I'll pass that onto Speer,

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe FJ helmet - opinions please
    P
    Many

As I don't collect FJ helmets I just ignored this topic but it being 5 pages long now made me curious.
    So we have a fake adler and a post war camo and after 5 pages I'm still completely in the dark what this topic is about.
    What point are you trying to make ? This helmet is a no brainer for the trained eye.

PS ruining an unapplied adler for the sake of restoration and resale is just bonkers.

Still waiting to see the unapplied L/W decals. Thanks in advance. Jim G.

?

Gentlemen,

We can only hope that the game has been played out by our esteemed member and we can all move on. The reason for the game I just can't fathom, but whatever it is I've lost interest !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by davies435 View Post
    202 views!!!!
    ?

What just happened?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Gentlemen,

We can only hope that the game has been played out by our esteemed member and we can all move on. The reason for the game I just can't fathom, but whatever it is I've lost interest !!
    Hi Paul, In all honesty, I really do want to see the unapplied decals, but since it appears that we will never see them, I agree. Please don't lock the thread however, since Mike may still post them. Sorry if I got a little snippy in my posts, I do try to be civil. Jim G.

Posting pictures of a whole helmet is generally what is expected for a good amount of replies around here (or at least from my experience).

I try to help new members/ collectors where I can, but I am still learning aswell and I didn't want to offer an opinion on this one. I feel like a whole helmet should be evaluated to give a 100% answer (no use saying the decal is good if the camouflage paint isn't). Nobody wants to give anybody the wrong answer, therefor I felt it best to refrain from commenting altogether.

Due to the fact that purportedly original decals HAVE been applied to helmets during the post-war period (as seen in this case it turns out), people can get stung badly through examining the decals alone.

Even though this is a free forum, filled with many knowledgeable members, not everyone is obliged to share their knowledge. Perhaps some of us even turned away after you began to get bitter about the fact that after 37 views, you didn't have the amount of comments you felt you should. Making claims that this is due to other collectors "waiting for somebody to form an opinion for them to agree with" is just not on around these parts, and probably upset many, resulting in a lack of comments. Had you showed the whole helmet, I feel you would have received a multitude of replies.

Maybe I've misinterpreted the thread and if that is the case, I do apologize.

I feel sorry for the people who did invest their time to help, only to be told this was all a joke or experiment.. I don't even know what this thread is anymore!!

Josh

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Paul, In all honesty, I really do want to see the unapplied decals, but since it appears that we will never see them, I agree. Please don't lock the thread however, since Mike may still post them. Sorry if I got a little snippy in my posts, I do try to be civil. Jim G.
    No problem Jim i never intended to lock the thread and i hadn't noticed you being " snippy " !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Joshua View Post
    Posting pictures of a whole helmet is generally what is expected for a good amount of replies around here (or at least from my experience).

I try to help new members/ collectors where I can, but I am still learning aswell and I didn't want to offer an opinion on this one. I feel like a whole helmet should be evaluated to give a 100% answer (no use saying the decal is good if the camouflage paint isn't). Nobody wants to give anybody the wrong answer, therefor I felt it best to refrain from commenting altogether.

Due to the fact that purportedly original decals HAVE been applied to helmets during the post-war period (as seen in this case it turns out), people can get stung badly through examining the decals alone.

Even though this is a free forum, filled with many knowledgeable members, not everyone is obliged to share their knowledge. Perhaps some of us even turned away after you began to get bitter about the fact that after 37 views, you didn't have the amount of comments you felt you should. Making claims that this is due to other collectors "waiting for somebody to form an opinion for them to agree with" is just not on around these parts, and probably upset many, resulting in a lack of comments. Had you showed the whole helmet, I feel you would have received a multitude of replies.

Maybe I've misinterpreted the thread and if that is the case, I do apologize.

I feel sorry for the people who did invest their time to help, only to be told this was all a joke or experiment.. I don't even know what this thread is anymore!!

Josh
    I think that sums it all up Josh !!!

1st July 1916

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast