Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 fallschirmjager helmet

Article about: I just spent a few moments comparing this liner with original liners Adrian I do see what you are saying about the gap in the back between the liner and the shell . Thank you for pointing th

?

Default M38 fallschirmjager helmet

Was on the net catching some waves yesterday and I came upon this M38 I thought I would just add it to the German helmet fakes thread but it should at least get the chance for review first .Every one has a story when there trying to sell something the story behind this helmet is it was the property of a WW2 vet in England and about twenty odd years ago the mans wife had a bonfire and had thrown the helmet in to be saved by the vet in the nick of time . It is stated by the seller that there is fire damage to the liner and that is evident in the photos .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 fallschirmjager helmet   M38 fallschirmjager helmet  

M38 fallschirmjager helmet   M38 fallschirmjager helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 fallschirmjager helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M38 fallschirmjager helmet

Mark..I can not add anything about this helmets authenticity, as it is not my area of collecting......but I do know it is a favoured trick of the fakers to expose helmets to heat/fire in order to rapidly age them ! (especially liners!) Beware. see here.. Replica German Paratrooper Helmet Fallschirmjager & Militaria WWII
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 fallschirmjager helmet  

must have been a very small bonfire for only small parts to get burned.................

Quote by talltom View Post
    must have been a very small bonfire for only small parts to get burned.................
    Tom..see my above post, I have edited it......
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I was not thinking of buying it I had already drawn the conclusion that it was a fake but I thought it would be good to post it up for review and comments for the purpose of learning .Thanks for adding the info on the use of heat as an artifical aging trick this I did not know .

Regards Mark k

brilliant link steve

?

Excellent link Steve Iam glad he left out a few key points to the aging process dont want to help the fakers with any usefull tips.

Regards Mark K

?

This helmet sold today on Ebay UK for $650.00 Cdn .

Regards Mark K

I watched this one also. As with the helmet,
    someone got burned.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Mark, junk as already stated.

Note the incorrect liner pads and the way the alloy liner band has a gap between it and the shell at the back of the helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast