Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?

Article about: by BigJohn As much as I would like the helmet in my collection; I would not touch it with a ten foot pole without some type of support like pay pal, and I would not give him access to my ban

Default M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?

Hi everybody
    I've spoted this one and its shell looks better than others...What you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?   M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?  

M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?   M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?  

M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?   M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?

Looks 100% right! Good luck. Yasou! The Greek from the USA, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Looks 100% right! Good luck. Yasou! The Greek from the USA, Jim G.
    Thanks pal I appreciate that. Im still in doubt though...

?

I think you might have come up trumps here, the shape looks right, the liner looks untouched, even the decal appears good with a patina matching the helmet, it all depends on the price

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think you might have come up trumps here, the shape looks right, the liner looks untouched, even the decal appears good with a patina matching the helmet, it all depends on the price
    That's what scares me!The guy is located in Poland and as you know there lies the most succesfull fake's industry...Price is 600.00 euros,not much but in any case I've seen people burn,not yet happend to me but...

Also the seller asks for mony transfer not something safe as Paypal.

No paypal, no party. It doesn't worth the risk IMO. Even if it is 1000% original there is a possibility that he won't send it or it might get lost on the way. So without paypal you won't have protection.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Everybody listen!
    3 min ago the seller sent an email to me asking half the price in advance that is 300.00 euros via bank transfer! Jesus men!I answered ti him accordingly!
    After all if it was ment for me to be skinned Id rather choose another part of the world!
    Notis

?

Ok if thats the case we could be dealing with a very elaborate fake, so lets look a little deeper, if its real and he knows anything about this type of helmet, then hes greatly undercharging and its the deal of the century, if fake then its way too much, but i dont see the reasoning behind this.Lets look at the helmet with a more critical eye. Ive studied the photos very carefully, and in the one that shows the interior and the whole rim of the helmet, there now appears to be a flaw, in that judging where the goggles appear central to the front , when viewed from the inside, the helmet looks misshapen, or the liner itself is out of position, the only way this could happen, is if the four bolt holes were positioned wrong, whether that could be a genuine production flaw or mistake on the part of the faker, i dont know, confused yet?, im now leaning towards this being a problematic item, i think Frank , Doug B, Ade, and a few others should look at this and give their opinions

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Price is 600.00 euros,not much but in any case I've seen people burn,not yet happend to me but...
    You are correct the price is the reason to avoid this one , it's a typical lure for con artists.
    He doesn't own this helmet , these pictures are taken by a collector. Probably stolen from a forum.
    Only a collector would take such HQ pictures and of all the helmet details and thus knows the correct price which is times 10.

To be clear I don't collect Fallschirmjager lids , I do think the one pictured here is real.
    There was a bogus auction a few weeks ago eminating from the US , also with stolen pictures.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast