Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?

Article about: by BigJohn As much as I would like the helmet in my collection; I would not touch it with a ten foot pole without some type of support like pay pal, and I would not give him access to my ban

?

Default Re: M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?

is the seller a known seller is this the only military item he's selling or is he a dealer my gut feeling its either a very good fake or you'll send the money & never see the item or hear from the seller again & the pictures are maybe of an item he doesn't actually own ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Fallschirrmjaegerhelm REAL or FAKE?
    P
    Many

Thanks mate
    You and all others who gave it a look and all others to come.Howver,the problem here appears to be the way of thinking.How some see things this way and some see things in another.And by the way late Prof.Huntington's theories about the world's Light sides and Dark ones was absolutely RIGHT!

I found the lid and the seller in a militaria auction house in Germany.He is a private person,owns a lot of militaria items as he said and he was keen to make further deals with me!That's what he said to me anyway.You remark counts!He could snatch the pics from anywere...even a museum!Thnaks anyway pal

?

Now that Frank has stated the possible reason for this helmet "sale" there is one way to be absolutely certain, ask the seller to send you more photos, this time without the goggles, both side views, and of the chin straps, if its his and he wants to sell it, there should be no problem, if he makes any excuse, camera not working or such , walk away, or run

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You are correct the price is the reason to avoid this one , it's a typical lure for con artists.
    He doesn't own this helmet , these pictures are taken by a collector. Probably stolen from a forum.
    Only a collector would take such HQ pictures and of all the helmet details and thus knows the correct price which is times 10.

To be clear I don't collect Fallschirmjager lids , I do think the one pictured here is real.
    There was a bogus auction a few weeks ago eminating from the US , also with stolen pictures.
    He got it right,real helmet but someone is trying to still your money.

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    I found the lid and the seller in a militaria auction house in Germany.He is a private person,owns a lot of militaria items as he said and he was keen to make further deals with me!That's what he said to me anyway.You remark counts!He could snatch the pics from anywere...even a museum!Thnaks anyway pal
    If he owns a lot of militaria , has internet then he also knows what these really sell for or maybe he forgot to put a zero behind the 600 euros;-)

?

if he owns a lot of militaria then he must realize these lids can fetch alot more then €600 i think i would stay way from this as it all sounds a bit too fishy ???

This lid would sell in the USA for at least $5,000, probably north of $7,000. I agree with Frank, it appears that the seller is trying to rip you off. I think the helmet in the pictures is 100% real, but the seller probably doesn't own it, or doesn't intend to send it. I would avoid this seller like the plague. If you decide not to take the chance, please let us know who he is so we can all be on guard the next time he offers one of us such a sweet heart deal. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    This lid would sell in the USA for at least $5,000, probably north of $7,000. I agree with Frank, it appears that the seller is trying to rip you off. I think the helmet in the pictures is 100% real, but the seller probably doesn't own it, or doesn't intend to send it. I would avoid this seller like the plague. If you decide not to take the chance, please let us know who he is so we can all be on guard the next time he offers one of us such a sweet heart deal. Jim G.
    Totaly correct who would sell a item for 600$ when you can get 7000$.
    The guy knows what the helmet is but does not know the price really.
    walk away from this deal.

Jan
    ?

Seems like a very bad choice of business partner all along.. I would stay away from this one. Only buy if you know you can trust the seller.. And when in doubt ask here.

Cheers Jan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast