Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?

Article about: If you get the additional missing strap from the previous owner you might be able to resew all the pieces back together,too bad about the bolt, but they can be found, theres usually some at

Default M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?

Hi all,
    What do you think of this one?

The "story" is that it was the seller's grandfathers and it sat in the attic for decades.
    He pulled it apart to make a motorbike helmet but gave up ......????

Anyway, the pictures are smallish but to my eyes there is patina and age to it - I don't think its an aged copy but is it TR or BW????? I see no markings on the liner but could they have worn off? .... ( and the screws seem to be replacements )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?   M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?  

M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?   M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?  

M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?   M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?  

M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?
    P
    Many

I think it has a chance. The shape of the helmet rim seems to flow better than the usual copies you encounter which have a rather angular dip at the front.

I think this might be a winner Dan mate. Colour is potentially a bit odd but it could be the flash. See if you can get him to take some more outside, shell markings and inside rim too. I'm not sure if a lid with this late war buckle should have solid or vented bolts, but probably fine with either as they used up supplies of parts. Cautious optimism from me

It looks right from the pictures. The liner is good with nice early liner pads. Maker/size and lot #? Also, can you get a shot of the inner rolled rim?

I'll try for more pix guys!
    What about the absence of markings on the liner??? & I'm hoping the 4th strap is there - just broken...

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I'll try for more pix guys!
    What about the absence of markings on the liner??? & I'm hoping the 4th strap is there - just broken...
    I wouldn't worry too much about the absence of markings on the liner. From the helmets I have seen, you are more likely to encounter the liner markings on the copies rather than the real thing.

Dan, not BW version ! most likely original M38 ! Well done on acquiring it !
    Just for future reference, the easy way to spot the BW version is that the rolled rim is on both sides like an M1 U.S. helmet, not on the inside only like the TR version...............
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Dan, not BW version ! most likely original M38 ! Well done on acquiring it !
    Just for future reference, the easy way to spot the BW version is that the rolled rim is on both sides like an M1 U.S. helmet, not on the inside only like the TR version...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve, I knew there was an identifier for a BW model ... but didn't know what it was!
    Cheers, Dan

?

Hope it works out for you Dan and proves to be a diamond in the ruff and not a piece of coal

Regards Mark

Cheers guys,

I'm hittin' the sack now ...... talk among yourselves ..

Dan
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast