Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?

Article about: If you get the additional missing strap from the previous owner you might be able to resew all the pieces back together,too bad about the bolt, but they can be found, theres usually some at

?

If you get the additional missing strap from the previous owner you might be able to resew all the pieces back together,too bad about the bolt, but they can be found, theres usually some at the WaP show here, which does,nt really help you, but you sure came up gold with this lid, congrats mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?
    P
    Many

?

Great pickup Dan. Reassemble it and hunt down a bolt as per Terry.

M38
    ?

Dan, if you just put that broken bolt back in "finger tight" and don't use a screw driver it won't break. In fact, I think it would look kinda cool with that broken bolt in it.....sort of on a par with the helmets you see with mismatched bolts, which I find interesting.

If it were me, I'd just reassemble it as is. Original straps are impossible to find, trust me, as I have looked and bought any I could find in the last 10 years. If you do find a set, expect to pay about $2000 US for the set. What you might consider is trying to come up with just a piece similar to the broken pieces you have with it now, so that you have 4 sections at least. I have a whole box of broken pieces that I've acquired through the years. Also, bolts are not so hard to find and again, either a slot/vent like the ones you have or a plain slot aluminum bolt would work. I've got lots of spare bolts so I know they are readily available.

I'm anxious to see better pictures when you finally get it. Best of luck!

Cheers,
    Terry

I was sorting through my spares box and found this set of bolts I picked up some years back and had forgotten about.
    Are they period or copies?? They are magnetic and if any good I would be happy to do some bartering for what I need for mine when it arrives.

If they are no good then they can go into the 'box of shame'.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?   M38 Falschirmjager helmet ........ or not?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

M38
    ?

Dan, those are not WWII German. I think they might be for post war W German para helmets.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3