Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)

Article about: Hi Chaps, Could you please run your educated eye over this liner band for me. You don't often see them out of the shell and I don't know if it's good or not. Thanks as always!! Andy

?

Default M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)

Hi Chaps,

Could you please run your educated eye over this liner band for me. You don't often see them out of the shell and I don't know if it's good or not.

Thanks as always!!

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)   M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)  

M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)   M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

A little hard to tell definitively from photos alone but it looks like it is real. You didn't say but I assume it is aluminum? It has to be, in this configuration, if it is an original. This one is really tarnished if it is aluminum but that happens sometimes. Do you have a size 68 M38 shell you can try it in to see if it fits properly?

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Hi Terry,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes the liner band is aluminium and I have fitted it to an original M38 shell and it fits nicely. I have no real reason to doubt it's originality but I wanted some reassurance to see if I should keep it in my shell.

Cheers Terry
    Andy

Don't be shy Andy, show us your shell!

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Don't be shy Andy, show us your shell!
    Ha Ha 😃!! Hi ya Glenn, it's been a while my friend. Hope all is well in Qatar. I am away with work at the minute but will post pics when I get back. 👍
    Andy

?

Well chaps, as discussed here are some pics of my FJ shell. I have had it for a number of years now but these images were taken by the chap that I bought of. Unfortunately its not a great example but it makes me happy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)   M38 FJ Liner band (Original or junk?)  

?

And here he is with some of his brothers and sisters from my headgear collection

Andy

Nothing to complain about with that beauty, Andy!

?

Before I get carried away boys, I should say that unfortunately both cut out helmets have been repainted. The shells are good though!

Andy