Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M38 Good?

Article about: Hi guys, i have come across this m38, the outside pics came out blurry, but i have these internal pics..any help would be great

Even in that condition the price is good.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Good?
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Interesting helmet. It has issues but at least it is original and I think the price you paid is fair.

I agree with what has been said so far. The left side and front have rust pitting and appear to have been heavily cleaned. The rest of the outer shell has original paint but it has also been cleaned - the paint is too smooth and shiny, and you can see the aluminum oxide rough texture poking through. The photos are not good enough to tell for sure but it looks like it has the ET68 maker mark on the side and if so, it originally had a decal which is now completely gone.

As far as the liner, it is a mid war steel band that is broken as already mentioned. Maybe broken to get it out, if the screws were rusted tight. The rubber dome pad is gone and some of the leather is cut out, not just cut. That was usually done to either remove blood damage or a name. Probably the dome pad and straps just got put aside or lost when it was apart and then reassembled. Pictures of the inside of the bolts, the maker mark, and the lot number mark would help tell the story on this one.

All in all, I think you did well for what you got. Congrats.

Cheers,
    Terry

The maker is CKL68 lot number is 4226 i think, its hard to read..the bolts are clean and are not rusted
    M38 Good?

M38
    ?

Thanks. So this one never had a decal. Unusual to find spanner bolts in a ckl marked helmet, but not impossible. Perhaps they are repro bolts? Pictures of those, including the nuts and threads, might show if that is the case.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3