Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??

Article about: Hello friends, i need a opinion about this m38 helmet. Do you think its an original or a copy? Thank you.

?

Default M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??

Hello friends, i need a opinion about this m38 helmet. Do you think its an original or a copy? Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??   M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??  

M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??   M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??  

M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??   M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Helmet Falschirmjäger Original??
    P
    Many

Nothing about this one gives me the warm and fuzzies. Everything looks brand spankin' new. Jim G.

?

Not good.

MAP
    ?

I've been looking at this for the past few hours. I agree with Jim and John. Not feeling it. It is trying too hard in a subtle way. Do you have a photo of the maker mark/size?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The closeup photo of the liner band shows a dent in the band but no corresponding marks on the paint work. Wear to the upper perimeter of the liner and yet the stamps appears not to have worn at all with use. No patina to the paint. Personally I don't feel that it is authentic.

Andy

?

Hello, thank you very much for the expertise that helps me alot!

The seller has been selling quite a few helmets all with this camo pattern applied, they all look the same, color and wear, if that isn't already a huge red flag to begin with I don't know what is
    Just ye olde eBay crap.
    Luis

The sad thing is, there's enough people around who think it's authentic, the M38 went for 1671€ and a very very similar looking M35 (same type of camo pattern and wear though original shell and liner) sold for 681€

?

PotatoDigger, you are right. Its bad to see people who pay so much money. I've been collecting dog tags for years and there is the same problem. Now i'm looking for a real fallschirmjager helmet.