Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 para helmet. Help needed

Article about: Hello, I have a chance to trade this helmet to my collection, I belive it is full original piece, what should be fair price for this piece ? I wish to have it, but I do not want to overpay i

Default M38 para helmet. Help needed

Hello, I have a chance to trade this helmet to my collection, I belive it is full original piece, what should be fair price for this piece ? I wish to have it, but I do not want to overpay it... I have no real compare in this condition. Thanks all for help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 para helmet. Help needed   M38 para helmet. Help needed  

M38 para helmet. Help needed   M38 para helmet. Help needed  

M38 para helmet. Help needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 para helmet. Help needed
    P
    Many

Odd to see a "flared rim" M38 CKL with spanner bolts. Normally we expect to see aluminum or steel slotted bolts. So can't comment with any assurance the originality of it or should I say "The balance of it". Everything looks fine except for the bolts. But who knows, maybe wartime installed.
    As for value...M38 helmets are three equal parts. Liner, harness, shell. All worth about $2K USD each in good condition. So your harness is gone, liner is very worn, shell is very worn. Maybe you can get an idea of value
    D.

FJ helmets are not my strongpoint but to me this one is a good one. Dave's comments about the bolts are good points. As others will say, members usually don't opine on value but make sure you take the obvious condition liabilities, i,e, the absence of the harness and the damage to the liner, into consideration when assessing what you will give up for it. These are desirable, but accessible, so don't overpay. Good luck. Jim G.

Thanks*all for help, seller asks 2000 euro so I will pass on it...

Agree....overpriced
    D.

?

Hi - I'm going to push back on the notion that this helmet is overpriced. I agree, maybe a private sale you can get close to this price point (Euro 2, 000) on a good day, but not less. For a genuine helmet, mostly intact, I would say Euro 3000-3500 are the usual prices, even for one with a damaged/rotted liner. I can't remember the last time I saw a helmet in this condition for less than Euro 3000.

EDIT: okay, just saw the harness is missing I'd still say Euro 2000-2500 is a fair price for this

To me looks like blood stains in the liner and with cut harness, i think it was taken from a dead Paratrooper

Overpriced i think, but nice helmet