Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M38 pics

Article about: Just wanted to share some pics of my M38 helmet, this was apparently a capture helmet in North Africa, all original except one of the chinstraps which is a reprod replacement. Cheers John

John
    One issue to keep in mind. DO NOT prop this helmet up with something such as a helmet stand, container, coffee can...anything that the liner is resting on will do damage to the liner. The center seam stitches are prone to separation, plus it distorts the original configuration of the liner. Just sit the helmet on a shelf, like a turtle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 pics
    P
    Many

?

Hi real steel & M38 - thanks for all your feedback, my responses as follows:

- I am happy with the reproduction strap in lieu of an original for now (am keeping an eye open for an original replacement), having got a frankly awful cheap one from a UK shop the one I got is of a very high quality from 'At the front' - a US supplier that apparently uses 'original hardware'. That aside, it makes the helmet look complete and I'm happy with that, but tastes change and maybe in the future I'll prefer it with its one strap.
    - Understood about the placing of the helmet flat on its shell base, I only 'mounted' it for the pics I took, so rest assured

Regards

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2