Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 Shell

Article about: Hello, how would you rate this helmet?Is he early or late war produced? Unfortunately he was rubbed a little rude .. Restore or leave it Greetings

Default M38 Shell

Hello, how would you rate this helmet?Is he early or late war produced? Unfortunately he was rubbed a little rude .. Restore or leave it Greetings Attachment 1352026Attachment 1352027Attachment 1352028Attachment 1352029Attachment 1352030Attachment 1352031

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Shell
    P
    Many

I personally would never restore a relic unless it has been badly restored before. So i would leave it like it is. May be rusted, but it still looks good.
    As for the orginality, the shape, stamps and condition match, i would say its original.

?

Not worth restoring.
    You would have to do so much to it, you would merely (eventually) turn it into a replica, destroying any originality and history it holds.

As for originality, I’ll step back for the experts to make the call.

Additional: I will say the overall form seems remarkably well preserved for something that badly rusted (particularly the edges of the split).

Ty guys

Definitely leave leave as is. The historical value of this helmet as a relic far outweighs any value you could get from restoring it. I would put it on the shelf and display it as a nice piece of history.

Andy

Thx Andy i think so

Awesome relic! Leave as is.

Seem that it was black late war��
    Leave it as it is to preserve the history
    Last edited by Bavarian; 02-05-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Ditto what the guys have said above, leave as is, it's a nice relic and to 'restore' it would be unnecessary, as it's too badly rusted down. Luckily whoever had it last has removed all the rust so all you have to do is stick some RenWax etc (other preservatives are available) on it and display it proudly.

It's very rare I'd ever suggest 'restoring' any relic helmet apart from removing the rust to stabilise it. When it comes to thing's like rusted field equipment like Gurtrommeltragers, or panzerschreks/fausts, then that's a different story and they often look good repainted etc. But for helmets I never would. Just my 2 cents.

Lovely relic lid, and thanks for sharing,
    Harvey

Impossible to say early or late.

It needs to be left as found.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast