Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My First Fallschirmjager M38

Article about: Good Evening Gents, I just purchased my first Fallschirmjager M38. It isn't in the best condition (chinstrap is pretty tattered but overall the liner appears to be in decent condition) but I

Default My First Fallschirmjager M38

Good Evening Gents,

I just purchased my first Fallschirmjager M38. It isn't in the best condition (chinstrap is pretty tattered but overall the liner appears to be in decent condition) but I am extremely happy that I finally found one that was within my price range. More pictures coming soon!

T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Fallschirmjager M38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Fallschirmjager M38
    P
    Many

Default It Finally Came in the Mail

I am attaching more pictures of the helmet I just received in the mail. Overall it appears to be in good condition although its chinstrap has seen better days. It appears named to a "Reiter". Helmet is a ET68 with a lot number of 4037. My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38My First Fallschirmjager M38

MAP
    ?

Congratulations. Always nice to have one in the collection.

Looks like someone removed the Luft decal. Pictures are small and couldn't expand so not sure if it was also repainted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,
    I will try to get some larger and more detailed pictured. We believe that the helmet was "cleaned" up at some point either during the war or after. I have correspondence from the veterans son and the original owner. It has a interesting history and I am happy with the price that I paid for it.
    Thad

MAP
    ?

Great that you have provenance with it. Makes it that much better. These are expensive helmets. So for many collectors, more battle weary examples the ticket to get one in the collection.

I have a very late war ND corpse cut which was my entry fee!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree! according to the veteran, this one was captured while his unit was in combat with the 3rd Fallschirmjager Division during the Normandy Campaign. I was lucky enough to pay a decent price for it (not like the crazy prices I often see them go for). I enjoy the worn "combat" look myself over a pristine example.

T

Was wondering who bought that one !! Good for you. An original battle Veteran !

I got this one through Ken Bolton. He posted it on his site a few weeks ago. Thanks for looking!

T