Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first M38 FJ

Article about: After a long wait, I finally picked up my first M38 FJ. Not a minty one as you can see, but my first. Would love lots of feedback on this if you would all be so kind. From what I've been tol

MAP
    ?

Default My first M38 FJ

After a long wait, I finally picked up my first M38 FJ. Not a minty one as you can see, but my first.

Would love lots of feedback on this if you would all be so kind.

From what I've been told it is a late war model. Appears to be a corpse cut and may have some blood stains on the leather liner. Remainer of the chin strap is fragile. Snap is rusted and can't be unsnapped without ripping the leather.

I know very little about these so please school me on this one.

As always, any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

My first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJMy first M38 FJ
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first M38 FJ
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Hmmmm, is it really that bad???

Dying for some positive reinforcement here and some ...any.. info you wise ones can pass to me....

Thanks guys!

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like it. Jim G.

?

I can't find fault with it either. Terry (M38) is one whose opinion would be sought after for FJ here, he has studied these in great detail, Jim who has replied already as well has a keen eye.

To me it looks like a quite late war with the rougher rolled rim, Terry am I correct on that?

Do you have photos of the lot number and maker/size stampings you can upload?

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I can't find fault with it either. Terry (M38) is one whose opinion would be sought after for FJ here, he has studied these in great detail, Jim who has replied already as well has a keen eye.

To me it looks like a quite late war with the rougher rolled rim, Terry am I correct on that?

Thanks. Will take and post the requested pics when I get home

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post

Am looking. See no markings. Any place I should be looking. See nothing near the rolled rim ( front , back or sides....) Back is a bit rusty, maybe hiding under there. Liner is quite fragile so don't want to dig to deep if the markings are further inside the helmet...

Don't pull on the leather. The stamps would be between the liner band and the rolled rim. Sometimes the stamps are under the liner band.

?

Congrats! Love the Helmet. But can you explain to me what is meant by " corpse cut "?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Pulled from a fallen FJ after the battle Phil. Grim but not an uncommon way for a lid to be souvenired. My SS is a corpse cut I think.

Nice M38 M, the liner certainly shows the darker side of things. I would like one at some point also.

?

Thanks for the reply KradSpam. So nothing is actually cut on the helmet/liner/chinstrap?

SF
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast