Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet

Article about: Will do. Thanks again Jerry! Appreciate your help!

Default Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet

I am new to this area and wanted to get opinions. The eagle has been dug out and painted over by a previous owner as listed in the add. Would this make a significant impact on value?? Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet   Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet  

Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet   Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet  

Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help with this DAK FJ Helmet

It would affect the value, but by how much I could not say. You have already bought it, so maybe you should have asked before doing so. Nice lid and I hope the price reflected any issues with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for your reply! I like it and would not be able to afford a mint one!!

Regards,

Sam

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you for your reply! I like it and would not be able to afford a mint one!!

Regards,

Sam
    Hi Sam, I would love to add one to my collection, and a DAK one would be a dream, but at best I might end up with a rusty relic one day.
    Regards,

Jerry

It can be hard to quantify the decrease in value on a messed with lid, but there is definitely a decrease. Still a nice lid if that's what you can afford. I don't do FJ helmets yet so I'm just assuming this one is all original.

?

WHOA, hold your horses there, are you saying that an original helmet has been painted over after an attempt to dig out the decal, and that the Tropical Tan is a post war repaint, this alone will affect the value quite a bit, also a very close up photo is needed to see what remains of the decal, if anything

I hope that is not the case dave!! I would cry!!! I was told by someone else that someone thought that a eagle was there dug, found nothing and repainted over there dig....That could be wrong as well??

Also I have not yet taken possession of the helmet.....so if the paint in not real camo and all the parts are not 100%...I may be out!!

Sam

The seller had it listed as dug out and then repainted over only that area. It came from the WAF estand and the ad is still up.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry! Please let me know your thoughts....I don't want to get burned!!Like I stated....I have not finalized anything and if there is allot of doubt on the piece as a whole....I will pass!

Sam

As I posted in my first reply, you would have been better to ask for opinions before you bought it. See what those who know about such things say here and also see what answers your thread on it on the WAF bring and if it appears to be bad you should still be able to get a refund. Get the seller to hang on to it until the issue is settled.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast