Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help Fj helmet relic

Article about: Hello Once again i will need your help and your advices on this one...because i'm confuse with the interior. what do you think ? original shell ? Original liner ? i don't really like the rem

Default Need help Fj helmet relic

Hello

Once again i will need your help and your advices on this one...because i'm confuse with the interior.
    what do you think ? original shell ? Original liner ?
    i don't really like the remain of the decal.

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help Fj helmet relic   Need help Fj helmet relic  

Need help Fj helmet relic   Need help Fj helmet relic  

Need help Fj helmet relic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help Fj helmet relic
    P
    Many

What do we have here. A heavily corroded and pitted shell, I'm picking those are rust holes not fragmentation damage. So it's been sitting in some damp spot for decades but surprise surprise the lightweight "chicken netting" shows little sign of rust damage. That would be the first to disappear. Inner liner looks as soft as a baby's bottom...

Thank you !! do you think the shell is original as well as the liner ? M38 are you here ? lol

No interaction between the wire and the shell. I would ditch the wire immediately. Given the owner has added the wire you can bet he has further attempted deception with the liner. To me, this is worth no more than a relic shell price.

M38
    ?

I have my doubts that the shell is real. It is so corroded and damaged that it is hard to tell but from the pictures, it looks like it has no scallop to the front brim of the shell. It looks like it is flat all the way around the bottom rim. I see no scroll line on the inner rolled rim but maybe that is because of all the damage. That does raise a red flag though. Also, where are the bolts? Can't see the bolt heads at all on the outside pictures. Are they just so corroded that they blend in with the rest of the shell? Also, army paras are incredibly rare, what are the chances that decal is legitimate? Way too many questions on this one to believe it has much chance of being real.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you M38 for your analyse 😉
    I can only see the 2 bolts from the back ( late type )
    I thought the scroll Line was only on ET ..
    What do you think of the liner ? And the remain of the decal ?

M38
    ?

You are right, the scroll line is only on ET. But then ET/ckl was the ONLY maker of para helmets so they should all have it.

Hard to tell much from these photos to tell you the truth. The leather portion of the liner may be real, although it does not look like it came in that helmet. The liner and pads are so completely destroyed, it is hard to believe the leather could be in that good condition if it was always in that helmet. I suspect someone took that piece of leather and just stuck it in there. It also looks like the top seam may have been re-stitched.

I give the army decal almost no chance of being original, or at least original to that shell. So much is gone, it is almost impossible to tell for sure. But as I said, there were so few army para helmets made - and all were double decal by the way - the odds of this being an original army para helmet are near zero, in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Terry

Sold for 1843 € on Ebay...

I hope the new owner enjoys it and doesn't post it for comment here.

1843 euros? Good grief! rust more valuable than gold, now I know why every man and his dog in Eastern Europe is digging up the countryside.