Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet please

Article about: Hello guys. I wish you all a nice sunday! Again I'm close to buy a M38. Could you please take a look and tell me what you are thinking? I compared the perspective with my relic M38 and it lo

Thank you for your answer. A few more photos...

Need help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet please
    P
    Many

Shiny fresh steel around the front rim mixed with new looking rust is not a good sign
    D.

I found another stamp beneath the liner.

Need help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet please

I have compared this helmet with so many other helmets and still can't find arguments against it. What exactly do you not like in detail ?

Need help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet pleaseNeed help with this late war ckl68 paratrooper helmet please

Quote by M38 View Post
    Agree with David, bad liner. Can't tell from these pics if the chinstraps are real or not - they seem a little too wide but need better pictures of buckle, grommets, snap, stitching, etc. The shell is okay from what I see in these photos.

It will look okay sitting on a shelf but should be priced accordingly as a shell only, altho the jury is still out on the straps - better pictures needed.

Cheers,
    Terry
    I agree with this 100%.

The last full pic of the liner...one can observe what appears to be a staining agent on the right hand side of the metal band about the 4:00 position. Looks like they did not complete the antiquing process. The center stitching is too tight, rubber pads are questionable. I still must opine the liner is fake IMO...straps I cannot tell, As Terry said...the shell appears okay, but I think the paint has been compromised some how.
    D.

Shiny ring around the chinstrap metal insert on this bottom pic...think the straps are bad too

Also..if one observes the upper rim of the liner...there is no wear to the leather. It's just stained. That's were one should see some scuffing or abrasion to the leather. That's where contact is made with the head, around the upper rim of the leather. This shows none of that
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2