Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need opinions on this Fallschirmjäger helmet...

Article about: Hi all. I have an opportunity to purchase this Fallschirmjäger helmet, but before I even engage in a discussion with the owner I wanted to run it by the experts here to get opinions. For me

?

Quote by M38 View Post
    As far as an expert, I would never claim to be one. I have been collecting since the 1960's and have written and helped with a few helmet books and in recent years I've specialized in para helmets. I have about 6 dozen of them. But I do not claim to be an expert.
    I think you're being modest Terry Based on the experience that you noted your level of knowledge with these helmets is at a much higher level than many TR collectors, and even dealers, I know (and I know quite a lot of them). That's not a slam to collectors or dealers, I think they'd all agree with me if they're being honest with themselves. Each has their own core knowledge base, which is why I posted this helmet for review; it is simply not within my area of expertise. I specialize in TR daggers and (to a lesser degree) cloth items, and would consider myself an expert with several dagger types, but certainly not all and certainly no expert with cloth.

At any rate, I would personally consider you an expert in the area of para helmets based on your knowledge. Thanks for the help! I will definitely pass on this helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this Fallschirmjäger helmet...
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    I only asked for further comment because Henry posted it is good, Terry posted it is bad, and then Dan seemed shocked that at least the shell wasn't ok. It is always tricky when you have so few replies and with such a mix of opinions. Typically (in my experience) opinions are unanimous.

Terry, please don't take offense to the above. I appreciate your insight but I don't know what your experience is with these helmets anymore than Harry's or Dan's (or anyone else's for that matter). I assume by your avatar image you are an expert with these helmets?
    Sorry if my comment sounded like a "what are you kidding me for even questioning..." comment. Wasn't meant to be. I just know Terry's qualifications. So was just saying that beyond anyone else here, his views to me are the most sound
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, even though I have never really studied these helmets closely Terry is not surprisingly "bang on"! The first thing that struck me was the un-even levels to the makers mark. On a standard ET M35/40 or CKL M42, the strikes are very clear, level and precise unlike some other makers. That for me was enough to condemn this one, along with all that Terry has pointed out. Leon.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it looks a god one to me.
    Harry, please make sure you are 1000% on items before commenting, one day you could cot someone a lot of money on your usual thumbs up and they take you for your word
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2