Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Para helmet/ebay uk/ 1,200£s start

Article about: What annoys me over this Para helmet is the fact it was up for sale a few days earlier, and it had attracted several good bids (for the seller). Then suddenly it was withdrawn, and then put

Default Para helmet/ebay uk/ 1,200£s start

Any takers?personally when someone in their description of a much faked helmet only says (old german para helmet)im imediatly suspicious.surely a person selling for such a big price 1,200 satrting bid, wants to reasure potential purchasers of how genuine it is ,and go into much detail about its compoents.interested to hear what the other guys think of the helmet and the short short description???EBAY /270563583420
    Last edited by LAS VEGAS; 04-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Para helmet/ebay uk/ 1,200£s start
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Para helmet/ebay uk/ 1,200£s start

E-bay number ????

I seen it last night on ebay too, I really have my doubts about this one....

german helmet on eBay (end time 21-Apr-10 19:45:02 BST)

and heres another one, I'm personally unsure but I still have doubts about it....

Whitewashed camo German paratrooper helmet on eBay (end time 28-Apr-10 12:04:10 BST)

Thanks

Danny

Danny, the white washed one says "not original" . The camo one I wouldn't touch with a 20 foot barge pole

oops I should read the descriptions next time

Thanks for setting me right

Danny

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Danny, the white washed one says "not original" . The camo one I wouldn't touch with a 20 foot barge pole
    Love his write up John a casual " old german para helmet " then a starting price of £1200 !!!!

Not good
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

that first one has been up before & never sold i dont think it even got a bid & so here it is again

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Love his write up John a casual " old german para helmet " then a starting price of £1200 !!!!

Not good
    Written to deceive Paul ...........They must think very low of people to try and get away with so much bulls**t

So we have what appears to,i repeat the word appears to be someone trying to pass off a fake as genuine for big money.another reason why i bought a para repro helmet for 35 £s and a cover and 2 decals and i am delighted with it.there are many people out there who dont have the exsperience and access to our site who would be taken in by fakes being passed as originals.in sayi ng the above i wouldnt totally write off the para helmet in question untill it was studied in the metal.PS THE PARA HELMET I BOUGHT WAS ONE OF THE SAND COLOURED ONES,THE LINER IS DONE AS EXSTENSIVELY AS THE ORIGIANL AND THE QUALITY OF THE LEATHER IS SUPERB .I REALLY LIKE THE Y STRAPS ALSO,ALSO IN A GOOD GRADE OF LEATHER AND THE INK STAMPING ON THE LINER.THE CLOTH COVER WITH THE RETAINING CLIPS ,FITS SUPERBLY,AND THE DOUBLE DECALS I HAVE PUT ON IT FINISH IT OFF NICELY.I BOUGHT IT AS A REPRO AND IT WILL REMAIN THAT .THE ONE TINY GRIPE IS I WOULD HAVE WISHED THE WORDING ON THE LINER TO BE LESS BLURRED.
    Last edited by LAS VEGAS; 04-21-2010 at 10:18 AM.

I like the Era of the Helmet, as marked on eBay, as being "1914-1945". 1914 German Paras, who would have thought that! lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast