Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet please

Article about: Hello. Today I'm showing you this M 38 paratrooper helmet. I'm about to buy it and just wanted to have a few more opinions. I like the dip, the stamp... what I do not like is the liner seam

Default Some opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet please

Hello. Today I'm showing you this M 38 paratrooper helmet. I'm about to buy it and just wanted to have a few more opinions. I like the dip, the stamp... what I do not like is the liner seam and the chicken wire.
    Thank you in advance!

Some opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would walk away if it was me. Shell might be real (font looks correct), but IMHO the liner is bad and the wire basket as well (it has the split twist wire which is supposed to be a no no). And what is up with the retaining bolts?

And why would someone remove the wire if it was even remotely real?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP for your answer. I think the chicken wire was added post war but that doesn't matter if the rest is OK.
    I added some photos of the chin strap - PRYM marked. Good sign isn't it?

Greetings Thomas

Some opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet pleaseSome opinions about this M 38 paratrooper helmet please

Appears the liner is post war. What is the "Dip" you speak of ?
    D.

?

If you are looking for a total reproduction from top to bottom then this is it

MAP
    ?

Just got to this. Already confirmed by David and Ken.

As I noted earlier. One to walk away from

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by real steel View Post
    Appears the liner is post war. What is the "Dip" you speak of ?
    D.
    The M38 helmet has a characteristic 'dip' to the front rim - something that the Chinese copies do not have. The only copies I have ever seen that capture this 'dip' were produced by 'fj-werke.

Thank you very much again guys. You are always a great help in decision-making! I won't buy this helmet.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hanomag83 View Post
    Thank you very much again guys. You are always a great help in decision-making! I won't buy this helmet.
    Good call...and this just saved you many many thousands of $$. A true camo and wire FJ would be north of $15K. You should consider becoming a Gold Member (just $25) to keep this forum up and running and continuing to help others from making expensive errors.

I was a Gold member for 100 days before and now it's time to do it for a year. You are absolutely right!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast