Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this Fallschirmjager Helmet

Article about: I'm looking for some thoughts on this WW2 Fallchirmjager Helmet. I am thinking of placing a bid for this helmet and would like to know if this helmet appears to be an original... I realize t

?

Default Thoughts on this Fallschirmjager Helmet

I'm looking for some thoughts on this WW2 Fallchirmjager Helmet. I am thinking of placing a bid for this helmet and would like to know if this helmet appears to be an original... I realize that the photos are too few and are poor quality as to determining the helmets authenticity. The helmet appears to be in near relic condition and extensive pitting and painted over rust parts. It is advertised as possibly an ET71 and the line is said to be a 12 vent. If anything, it would only be a display piece...if the price is right. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts on this Fallschirmjager HelmetThoughts on this Fallschirmjager HelmetThoughts on this Fallschirmjager HelmetThoughts on this Fallschirmjager Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Fallschirmjager Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You really can't tell much from the photos so I'm sure those with M38 knowledge will want more and better (I typically seek help on M38's so I will not opine).

But my question is this? With a shell in relic condition, why is the strap and liner so nice? Worries me a lot.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a put together relic regardless of whether it's real or not. I wouldn't go for it just on that basis.

[QUOTE=Obal7;1695085]I would like to know if this helmet appears to be an original... I realize that the photos are too few and are poor quality as to determining the helmets authenticity.

Well.....

The shell appears to have the characteristic dip to the rim at the front of the helmet - something which is not present on the Chinese fakes, it is probably genuine. The liner and straps seem to be in better shape than the shell, maybe they are repro parts used to restore the shell? I can't really tell from the single picture provided of the liner.

M38
    ?

Definitely need better pics. I can see that the straps are fake and I think the liner is too - I keep looking but can't see the center seam. Maybe it is there but just can't see it in the one picture? The shell might be real although I don't think so - there is something not exactly right about the shape. Better pics of that too are needed with close ups of the inside rolled rim and the shell stampings and a shot from the top looking down on the front brim.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Thanks for your help. Yes, better photos would help. Yes, the straps and liner ( if they are or are not authentic) look in better shape than the shell. Good advice to keep looking. I wouldn't mind if it is in relic condition... but I would like original parts to match the shell... but any doubt? Nahh.. But as usual, Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Are you still enjoying the Wilson helmet?
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Hi Marty... I sent you an email..
    Dave