Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet

Article about: Cheers everyone, I was able to acquire this unusual Fallschirmjager helmet today from an antique shop. I bought it under the assumption that it was a reproduction however this is not like mo

Default Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet

Cheers everyone,

I was able to acquire this unusual Fallschirmjager helmet today from an antique shop. I bought it under the assumption that it was a reproduction however this is not like most reproductions that I have seen. The helmet is definitely old, and has the line that runs along the rolled rim consistent on ET manufactured helmets, however there are no makers marks. I placed the helmet along side my original Fallschirmjager helmet and it is much smaller, almost like a child’s helmet. My question is could this be a period helmet from a child’s uniform, or just an old reproduction. I have looked but could not find any similar reproduction helmets such as this one, and it is much too small for an adult to wear. (P.s. the bolts and chinstrap were added by myself and did not come with the shell).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet   Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet  

Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Fallschirmjager Helmet
    P
    Many

Maybe a high-end reproduction such as those done by 'FJ-Werke' a few years ago. You say that you purchased it under the assumption that it was a reproduction... so I dare say you didn't pay much for it. From what I can see of the straps they look almost new.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Yes the straps were ones that I had laying around and added to the helmet. When I purchased it, it was just the shell