Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forum

Article about: For what it's worth, I look at these things with the understanding that if I sell it and buy a TV, iPhone, or part of a car, or some other item like that, all that stuff ends up in a junk ya

Default what is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forum

I have a german paratrooper that my grandfather brought home from ww2,had since i was a kid.I would love to know what is it worth.I showed it to a local collector,he said it was the best paratrooper he has ever seen,he said he would love to have it but could not pay what its worth over $5000 maybe more?It is just as my gradfather brought it home,nothing missing ,looks cool.If you have any idea what is is really worth i would love to know,thnakswhat is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forumwhat is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forumwhat is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what is the value of my paratrooper helmet?new to forum
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum and good to see the lid your grandfather brought back from the war. It looks to be a good example, but not the best I have seen.

Generally members here do not like to give valuations, especially to new members, but the figure you mention yourself is probably not far below its worth. Try google searching some dealers sites for a more accurate valuation.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice helmet! The costs on these can go crazy… take a look here: Steel Helmets ...do you know "where" he picked it up and the circumstances of how by chance? I'd enjoy hearing more. What unit was your Grandfather with? If you have a wartime photo, the story, and anything else that relates, put it together as a group as that always enhances the value for many. On my items, my favorites are ones I have the background on to include in some cases, the vet who picked it up and where. Thanks!

I could manage 6000.pence.lol welcome.

The short answer to your question jwmtele is a lot more than its worth in raw materials. A lot more.

I'm not really up with the nuances of FJ helmet pricing but you are around the right kind of money with your estimate. Try finding similar lids on the dealer sites and then take off about 20%.

Welcome. You're interested ball park for retail price, probably a bit more given its a decaled helmet.

Thanks for the info everyone, my grandfather was a us airborne officer with the 1 st allied airborne army, I believe he got during operation varsity

Quote by jwmtele View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone, my grandfather was a us airborne officer with the 1 st allied airborne army, I believe he got during operation varsity
    Hopefully it is worth more to you than mere $'s and you will keep it in the family, passing it on to the next generation after you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I would definitely keep this if it was your grandfathers, because these helmets are so hard to find that if you get rid of it you are going to regret it. A very nice helmet thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast