Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Finnish Helmet from my collection

Article about: Here we have another Finnish helmet from my collection

Default Another Finnish Helmet from my collection

Here we have another Finnish helmet from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Finnish Helmet from my collection   Another Finnish Helmet from my collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Finnish Helmet from my collection
    P
    Many

?

I love this - a rare helmet and no one says a word to you! I have read that only about 6,000 survived being melted down after the war. I just bought a Wartsila (although the chinstrap and liner are obviously postwar). This was my first chance in 3 years of collecting to find two of them; the other appears to be all original, but the same seller wants nearly $1,000 for it on eBay. Where did you get your M40? Jack

Quote by kradman View Post
    Here we have another Finnish helmet from my collection
    Its either you have big hands or that the Finnish have small helmets for small heads.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Wink

Hi Jack i brought this helmet some years ago from a vet its the best way to buy helmets in Finland , yes they are rare helmet but do turn up sometimes in Finland , i have big hands Steelhead the ladys love them

Krad, one thing I've wondered; how did the vets get their own helmet with them home, if they didn't steal it? Was there an option to buy it like they did with tunics? I have a Finnish M17 and have thought that how come it went to the vet and not army warehouse for depot repair.

Finnlander i have always wondered the same thing its odd over the years i have brought quite a few helmets from Vets or their family the only thing i can think of is the troops were sent home after the fighting and put into home guard units and took some of their kit home with them or if they were regular army they would have taken their kit home with them , i dont think we will ever know for sure

Here is a new pick up for the collection still out there if you can find them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Finnish Helmet from my collection   Another Finnish Helmet from my collection  

Really nice Wärtsilä made helmet!

Another one i picked up this time with cloth liner pads

Another Finnish Helmet from my collection   Another Finnish Helmet from my collection