Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...

Article about: This pouch arrived today from a militaria dealer in Estonia.... Annoyed from this ads?   Its either an Imperial Russian or early Soviet pouch that has passed into Finnish hands, indicat

Default Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...

This pouch arrived today from a militaria dealer in Estonia....

Its either an Imperial Russian or early Soviet pouch that has passed into Finnish hands, indicated of course by the [SA] on the lid. Looking at SA-Kuva, we can see a number of photos of Finnish troops using these pouches early in the Continuation War.

Its in very good to excellent condition overall, with no major flaws that I can see or know of.

Pretty happy with myself for getting this, I can't imagine there's too many of them around - I certainly paid more than what my girlfriend thinks its worth....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...
    P
    Many

..and here's another type of Finnish Pouch that arrived in my hands today..

Finnish capture Soviet M37 Pouch. Pretty good condition overall. The ink markings are unreadable, but judging by the style of the straps it was probably made in 1941. The man doing the [SA] stamping that day was a little over-motivated and has nearly gone all the way through.

This latest acquisition probably signals the completion of my Finnish Ammo Pouch collection. I think that I've now got an example of all the major variants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...   Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...  

Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...   Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...  

Top one is imperial russian model 91 rifle ammopouch. Generally rare, Finns aquired all imperial russia equipment from dis-armed garrisons stationed in finland.
    And after becoming independent they bought lots of ww1 surpus material and tens of thousands russian m91 rifles.
    But finns preferred german ammo pouch style. Newer seen one with SA stamp, great find!.

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Top one is imperial russian model 91 rifle ammopouch. Generally rare, Finns aquired all imperial russia equipment from dis-armed garrisons stationed in finland.
    And after becoming independent they bought lots of ww1 surpus material and tens of thousands russian m91 rifles.
    But finns preferred german ammo pouch style. Newer seen one with SA stamp, great find!.
    Good comment.

Welcome to the forum! Its always nice to see Finnish members here.

First soldier on the left using imperial russian ammo pouch. Winter 1941-42 Vienan Karjala, Rukajärvi.
    Source, Finnish picture bank.
    Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...Another slightly uncommon Finn used ammo pouch...