Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Continuation War Finnish Bandolier

Article about: I bought this from a Gunboards member a few weeks ago, and after it had a trip to The Netherlands, it arrived at my house in New Zealand this morning. Its certainly been used, and is quite g

Default Continuation War Finnish Bandolier

I bought this from a Gunboards member a few weeks ago, and after it had a trip to The Netherlands, it arrived at my house in New Zealand this morning.

Its certainly been used, and is quite grubby on the outside but it is all complete. I especially like the rust marks from stripper clips that have been in there!

Can anyone tell me which of AV 1, Oy Vyö- ja Nahkateollisuus or Partolan Kenkätehdas made this? Did these continue to be issued after the war was over?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Continuation War Finnish Bandolier
    P
    Many

...and here's another variation that landed on my doorstep from Finland yesterday.

This one has individual pockets and uses a rudimentary buckle instead of ties. Unfortunately one of the buttons is missing.

Can anyone tell me if these bandoliers were issued in lieu of ammo pouches or as well as ammo pouches?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Continuation War Finnish Bandolier   Continuation War Finnish Bandolier  

Nice bandoliers! I always liked the look of these.

Here's one Finnish "korpisoturi" wearing one around his waist: