Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Field cap circular badge or cockade education please

Article about: I’ve seen the blue and white cockade advertised as both enlisted and officer, although much more for an enlisted soldier. I have seen the red (glass?) type with a finish lion advertised for

Default Field cap circular badge or cockade education please

I’ve seen the blue and white cockade advertised as both enlisted and officer, although much more for an enlisted soldier. I have seen the red (glass?) type with a finish lion advertised for officers. And there are some displays that show hats with both cockades - one over the other - what is the significance of that? There also seem to be types or grades of cockades? Could someone clarify how these are classified please? Thanks!

John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field cap circular badge or cockade education please
    P
    Many

Metal national cockade and Metal lion button for enlisted soldiers in m/22 sidecap.
    Enamel national cockade and Metal lion button for NCO's in m/22 sidecap.
    Enamel national cockade and Red enamel lion cockade for officers in m/22 sidecap.

Metal national cockade is purely for enlisted soldiers.
    Enamel national cockade was for officers in m/36 cap and m/39 sidecap during years 1936-1940.
    After 1940 red enamel lion cockade was for officer in caps m/36 cap and m/39 sidecap.
    Enamel national cockade was reserved only for NCO's use after 1940.

It is common to see in photos that officers wear Enamel national cockade in their caps in early of continuation war 1941, as new regulation was not strictly implemented. And they continued to use what they had already.