Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?

Article about: Picked this up a couple weeks ago from a local store. Fairly typical German M42 with a Finnish Liner. Interestingly, the pad filler has been removed. There appears to be an orange on the fro

Default Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?

Picked this up a couple weeks ago from a local store. Fairly typical German M42 with a Finnish Liner. Interestingly, the pad filler has been removed.

There appears to be an orange marking on the front of the helmet - I realise the photos may not be the best, but can anyone identify it? It didn't help that the store put their price sticker over the top of it and some of the paint came away when I removed it...

Edit: There would be more photos but the Attachments Editor won't let me add them!! Are we still not allowed to link to photo hosting sites?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?
    P
    Many

I think now the orange splosh might just be an orange splosh with little significance...

And here's some more photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?   Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?  

Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?   Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?  

Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?   Finn issued German M42 Helmet with Unit Marking?  

A tidy example of a Finnish helmet. I agree, the orange paint probably of no significance. I think we need to forget the German connection with these helmets and view them for what they are, part of Finland's military history.