Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this an Finnish airforce badge?

Article about: Friends, My first post on this forum. I have bought a badge thet I can't find any reference to. It came with another badge, Finnish, disabled 1939-1945. Does anyone here have any reference t

Thank you Kradman,

I have seen that picture and badge and that one was what set me on the Finnish track. I think the baged in your picture is much later that the one I have, interesting what you are saying about the way of attaching Finish badges. I have no clue as this is my first encounter with a Finnish (I guess) badge but a quick look gives a pin and bolt rater than a pin and hook. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to elaborate.

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Finnish airforce badge?
    P
    Many

Yes, it may be an unofficial badge. Has also been same looking badges with four pins on their backs...

I have spent alot of hours looking for any referenceand the closest I get is this;

Found the picture in an WA thread concerning the Finnish civil war. Hope it's OK to use the picture here. You can se an similar armband on the pole. What is interesting to learn is the white side connection to Germany during this time.

The White Falcons: the White Air Forces 1918-1920

I got stuck and learnd alot of the Finnish civil war that I was totaly unaware of. Will continue to search to find the answer.

Peter

Nice find and research, didn't know that kind of air-force armbands did exist. Others are also not common.

its very early airforce badge 1919-1920+, there is old picture of a young pilot with that badge on chest + hat if you roll little bit down

Keskustelua asehistoriasta ja militariasta • katso viestiketjua - Tunnistusapua kaivataan

Thanks a million Jullemus!

Great to get help to solve this and you saved my Christmas, I would have spent too many hours looking for it

Peter
    Last edited by Peter L; 12-20-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Loaded pic up for the thread.
    Person is wearing m/18 army cap and likely summer tunic 1918.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2