Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Finnish Collar Tabs

Article about: Would anyone comment as to whether any of these Finnish collar tabs are authentic WW2 and which are post WW2? Sorry no photos of the backings but some have a sort of burlap backing and some

?

Hi Alexander,

I mean the top line goes deeper at back. I have marked the difference with thin black lines. The back waves can be different, because of different makers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Oh perfect, now I see it, I need to get my eyes checked . Thank you kindly for the contribution to the thread and welcome to the forum!

Hi Alexander
    Here are some Collar patches I have in my collection the two sets on the left are wartime and the post war one is on the right you can see the difference in how they were made, I hope it helps a little
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Collar Tabs   Finnish Collar Tabs  

Thank you for the addition to the thread and any reference helps a great deal. Please keep sharing your tabs here, for any future reference, as it helps identifying war time and post-war ones.

Hi here are some more Wartime collar patches from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Collar Tabs   Finnish Collar Tabs  

Nice ones. I still need to get artillery tabs.

Here are my new cavalry lieutenants collar tabs, that I just received. Again, new backing material for me and I've never seen this kind before. Also the heraldic roses seem different in color, from the ones that I've seen, but they could just be heavily oxidized. The top line doesn't seem to be that slanted, as in Rami's examples. What do you guys think of it: wartime or post?

Interesting collar tabs you have there , look wartime to me and most likely tailor made , Nice find

Thanks Krad . I see cavalry ones for sale very rarely.

Here are Border Guard, Senior Lieutenant's post-war collar tabs, with the felt backing that Kradman described. I believe these are from 90-00's?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast