Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Finnish Field Cap M/36

Article about: Dastier: Can you post more images of your cap? I find this variant interesting; it does not have the vertical seam to the body of the cap (where the cockade is pinned), and the buttoned port

Default Re: Finnish Field Cap M/36

Dastier:
    Can you post more images of your cap? I find this variant interesting; it does not have the vertical seam to the body of the cap (where the cockade is pinned), and the buttoned portion does seem to be more akin to a German M43 cap, in that it is not as wide as is usually seen. Is it possible the Finns were influenced by their allies? Has anyone else noted such construction? Or is this truly a Lotta cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Field Cap M/36
    P
    Many

I'll post more pics in the later in the week or next. My cap is very small, and was identified as a Finnish M43 Lotta cap when I purchased it. I cannot see it fitting on a man's head.

?

Hi, you can tell the deference between Lotta caps and army caps because Lotta caps button from the right and army caps from the left. I have over 30 M/36 caps and they all button up from the left and every Lotta cap I have ever seen button up from the right
    Hope this helps.
    BK.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

?

Hi BK and welcome to the forum , thanks for your interesting information and picture , Is this a picture of some of your caps ? I have taken the liberty of uploading your image onto the forum as after time it will be removed by the host !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Field Cap M/36  
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by advent View Post
    Hi, you can tell the deference between Lotta caps and army caps because Lotta caps button from the right and army caps from the left. I have over 30 M/36 caps and they all button up from the left and every Lotta cap I have ever seen button up from the right
    Hope this helps.
    BK.

This information then , confirms that Kemi's cap is indeed a lotta cap !
    REGARDS AL

?

Hi, Yes Kemi's cap is a Lotta cap. It appears to have the heavier winter liner.
    Yes, the picture is an old one of a few of my caps.
    I don't really have a picture of all my M/36 caps together but attached is part of my Finnish head gear collection.
    I hope you like them as much as I do, the Finnish volunteer SS cap and Generals cap are my latest finds.

?

BK, thanks for showing more of your impressive collection
    REGARDS AL

Hello

This might be a bit late reply, but I happened to come across this just now and decided to chip in.

The two fieldcaps on the first page are Lotta Svärd hats. The easiest way to tell them apart from the M36 field caps the military uses is the fact that the flaps are buttoned on the other side.

Where as the army M36 has right flap buttoned over the left one, the Lotta Svärd has it the opposite way. There's also other differences in the shape, such as the visor being different shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2