Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Finnish M34 "SA" marked Compass

Article about: Hello gents, As we still do not have a Finnish section i will post my newly acquired wonderful Finnish M34 SUUNTO compass here. I would much appreciate if i could get some more info on it th

That contacting Suunto for dating info would be great.

I have nothing spectacular to add here, but I want to present my "m34". This is made by already mentioned Suunto's rival Physica. They called it Physica M/IIII. I have a serial number very close to Totaali's compass. A keen eye may notice that at this point Physica has abandoned that "rifle sight" ring adjusting system and copied Suunto's. That undoubtedly added a bit more flavour to that ongoing court battle over the design of this compass :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish M34 "SA" marked Compass
    P
    Many

?

Nice compass Hp. I like the notches instead of the rifle sight style. The way you used a pencil in your video to turn the dial was pretty cool I even have some German WW2 pencils i can use in my navigation videos. As i wrote i have already contacted SUUNTO so i hope they will answer. "Nothing Spectacular".... This is not YT thank god Anyway i think these compasses are spectacular and awesome. Thanks

Cheers!

Hah, thanks for encouragement! As a new member i did not fully realize this is forum is probably more merciful than Youtube :-D

?

Quote by Helsinkipop View Post
    Hah, thanks for encouragement! As a new member i did not fully realize this is forum is probably more merciful than Youtube :-D
    Much more. Here we are all more or less nerds LOL. This Finnish Compass thread have already 2 pages

Cheers!

Using a pen to align the circle with the map north, you'd be handling this particular compass like a pro :-) Here's an excerpt from the Finnish Army Combatant's Manual 1980, how it's teaching to use this compass.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish M34 "SA" marked Compass  

You even find these compass with German text on the rear that were made for the Germans in ww2 i have one somewhere that was found in Lapland with German marked text on the rear

?

Very nice. Do you have pics Kradman?

Cheers!

Hi Datrus i will try and find where i put it and take some photos

Suunto compass worn by my great-grandfather in Kiestinki, 1941.

Wonder which Weapons Depot the "R" stood for.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish M34 "SA" marked Compass  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 06-26-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Suunto compass M/III version with German text, rare. Pictures stolen from here
    Finnish M34 "SA" marked CompassFinnish M34 "SA" marked CompassFinnish M34 "SA" marked CompassFinnish M34 "SA" marked Compass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2