Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish Medal Bar

Article about: A nice owner of this wanted to give this to my collection for now and we will see if it will stay in my collection, but for now it's here and I'm very excited! It belonged to a Finnish Capta

Default Finnish Medal Bar

A nice owner of this wanted to give this to my collection for now and we will see if it will stay in my collection, but for now it's here and I'm very excited! It belonged to a Finnish Captain of the Infantry. He fought in the Winter and Continuation War, but I don't know anything more of the owner. I will order a research on him and see where he fought. Judging from the medals: he could have fought in the battles of Suomussalmi and the Raate Road.

I'm sorry about the photos. The medals are currently at my dads place and he doesn't have a good camera.

Medals from left to right:

• Cross of Liberty 4th Class, Continuation War Version
    • Commemorative medal of the Winter War, with Kainuu clasp and swords
    • Commemorative medal of the Continution War
    • Kainuu Cross (for soldiers who participated in battles at the Kainuu region during the Winter War)
    • Maaselkä Cross (for soldiers who fought on the Maaselkä Isthmus in Eastern Karelia during the Continuation War)
    • Cross of the 1st Division
    • Civil Guard cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Medal Bar   Finnish Medal Bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Medal Bar
    P
    Many

lucky you.

?

A super set of medals , i hope you find more info about the Captain , good luck with your research !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks guys! Luckily all soldiers had an "enlistment card" and they are stored at the national archives. They were always updated, for example if the person got a promotion or a medal. Sadly the owner got heavily traumatized and wasn't able to work after the war. I will be visiting his grave soon.

?

Nice addition to your collection

The craftsmanship of Finish medal is very underrated, a excellent set.
    Morris

Thank you! The style of Finnish medals and orders is great and simple in my opinion. One of my favorite designs has to be the breast star of the Cross of Liberty, 1st class. It reads: Isänmaan puolesta - For the Fatherland. Also all of the Crosses of Liberties and Crosses of the Lion of Finland are my favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish Medal Bar 
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 07-04-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Here they are.

Finnish Medal Bar

wow! what a set!

I received certificates for the 4th Class of the Order of the Cross of Liberty and the Commemorative Medal of the Winter War, also a photo of the recipient.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Medal Bar  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast