Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Finnish militaria

Article about: A couple more Finnish items from my small collection: Finnish identity disc and German 1916 ammo pouch used by the Finns.

Default Finnish militaria

Here's a small sampling of Finnish militaria from WW2:

Finnish belt buckle
    Finnish militaria

Finnish wrist compass - not working unfortunately.
    Finnish militariaFinnish militaria
    Finnish militaria

WW2 Lotta cap
    Finnish militaria

Finnish Military Police Badge - these are not rare.
    Finnish militariaFinnish militaria

Maxim MG ammo can and links. Not sure if this is WW2 or not, but would sure like to have the Maxim to go with it!
    Finnish militaria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish militaria
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finnish militaria

Very nice.

Thanks. I especially like the Lotta cap with its metal buttons and rosette.

I have more, especially Finnish milsurps and a small collection of medals and awards. Have to give some thought about how to display it. The milsurps deserve better photos too.

I also have some interesting Svenska Frivilligkåren items.

+1 on the cap.
    I have 2 helmets and 3 medals only - incl. Swedish version of commemorative continuation war medal.

I used to be more of a Finnish collector...

When I began collecting milsurps, I started out by collecting Finnish Mosin Nagant rifles. It was also much easier to obtain excellent information and support thanks to 7.62x54R.net, Mosin Nagant.net and from fellow Finn collectors in the 'Collectors forum, Mosin Nagent HQ' on Gunboards.com.

I have a m24 Lotta, m27, m28, straight stocked Sako m39 (my favorite) plus three Finnish m91s - a New England Westinghouse, an early Sestroryetsk, and my uncommon Finnish m91 built on a 1897 Tula receiver with Imperial, AZF and Czech stamps.

Now, as you know meyle77, my interest is more with Polish militaria. I still keep an eye out for interesting Finnish militaria though. Have to watch out for fakes and over priced items such as my 'Sota Poliisi' badge.

I would be fairly confident that the ammo can will be wartime.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes your Maxim ammo can and belt are wartime for the Finnish Maxim and was used also with Russian maxims when the feedtray was swaped for a Finnish made Feedtrays as the Fins found the metal belts better than the cloth ammo belts that the Russians used

Polish militaria is a great and interesting, but it can become very expensive :-)
    Last edited by meyle77; 05-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Quote by kradman View Post
    Yes your Maxim ammo can and belt are wartime for the Finnish Maxim and was used also with Russian maxims when the feedtray was swaped for a Finnish made Feedtrays as the Fins found the metal belts better than the cloth ammo belts that the Russians used
    Thanks for the update on the belt kradman. I didn't know that. Deactivated Maxims are available in Canada but sell for $3000 CDN.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Polish militaria is a great interested, but it can become very expensive :-)
    Yes it sure can. I'd rather spend what a deactivated Maxim costs and buy a Polish Vis 35 pistol. But I'd probably have to double that to get one.

Anything Polish is expensive to collect - if you can even find it. I'm pretty leery of EBay as there are so many fake medals out there. Even reputable sellers can get hoodwinked and pass along fakes - happened to me a couple of times.

But sometimes you luck out. I bought a tgf 50 K98 and in conversation the seller mentioned he had a Polish bayonet. Said I could have it for $35. So I figure what's $35 for any bayonet. Turned out to be a very nice German captured wz.28 with waffenamt 77 on the spine.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast