Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Finnish militaria

Article about: A couple more Finnish items from my small collection: Finnish identity disc and German 1916 ammo pouch used by the Finns.

Default Re: Finnish militaria

You're welcome Paul. Happy to share them and glad you liked 'em.

Here's link to an excellent page on insignia, medals and commemorative awards of the Swedish Volunteers in Finland 1939-1944 (Svenska Frivilliga i Finland 1939-44):

Utmrkelser fr Svenska Frivilliga i Finland 1939-44 - Swedish Volunteers in Finland 1939-44 Decorations

This page is in English but the parent site: Gotländska frivilliga i Finland 1939 - 1944 is only in Swedish unfortunately. If you read Swedish though, it appears to be a heck of a site - lots of effort put into it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish militaria
    P
    Many

?

Just went to the main site. A good site indeed. Loads of info..

Quote by Scout View Post
    Just went to the main site. A good site indeed. Loads of info..
    If you scroll to the bottom of the main Gotländska frivilliga i Finland 1939 - 1944 site and click on Gotlands Militärhistoria you can actually go to an even bigger site on Swedish military history.

?

Thanks

?

Hi, Dastier. If you need help with any Swedish translation send me a msg and I will help you.

I love Finnish militaria as well, My mothers father came from Finland and he was a sailor during the war. Unfortunaly it is very expensive to buy Finnish militaria here in Sweden, at least 10 x then German stuff.. Good luck with your collecting and thanks for sharing.

Quote by Monuir View Post
    Hi, Dastier. If you need help with any Swedish translation send me a msg and I will help you.

I love Finnish militaria as well, My mothers father came from Finland and he was a sailor during the war. Unfortunaly it is very expensive to buy Finnish militaria here in Sweden, at least 10 x then German stuff.. Good luck with your collecting and thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Monuir,

Its really surprising how prices on Finnish militaria varies from country to county. Most of mine, except for my Finnish milsurp firearms, came from the USA. Not cheap, but not too expensive either. My most expensive Finnish militaria came from Finland but I paid the price because I wanted to buy from a reputable dealer as there a lot of fakes in the USA, especially for the more expensive Finnish medals.

But I've never seen any Finnish medals for sale locally where I live in Canada. Not saying that they aren't here but I haven't seen any. Its seems the USA is the best place to buy from but you have to watch out for fakes. I can only assume prices are higher in Sweden due to demand.

?

Aye, prices in Sweden is just plane out insane because the demand is very, very high and there aint that many medals to go around.

An older thread, but here's my contribution to it....

I've been collecting Finnish Mosin Nagant rifles for the past seven years, and have managed to obtain a modest amount. Half have been found locally, with the rest being imported from the US. I have been buying a few bits of Finnish Militaria recently to compliment the rifles....

Finn issued Czech M34 helmet - with post-WW2 liner

Finn issued Hungarian M38 helmet - with depot replacement wartime liner...

Finn issued WW1 German M1909 ammo pouch - [SA] and Civil Guard marked

Finnish WW2 rubberised canvas ammo pouch - [SA] marked

Finnish M27 bayonet - in later M35 scabbard

Really nice things you have Fernleaf!
    you are living in New Zeland, and collect finnish militaria, you get my respect!

Thank you very much.

Anything Finnish is hard to come by here. I found the helmets locally among a crate of about 50 mainly m55 and m62 helmets. The ammo pouches have come from the US and Germany. One of the reasons I joined this forum was to track down a few more helmets and ammo pouches - and some Finnish 7.62x53r stripper clips.....and more Finnish slings....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast