Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Finnish Sota Poliisi badge

Article about: Finnish Sota Poliisi badge Does anyone have info on this Finnish Field Police badge and the Finnish Field Police units? The badge is supposedly dated from WW2 Thanks, dastier

Quote by Jan View Post
    More pictures of the military police insignia (1936) here

Poliisin_embleemi

Best,

Jan
    Thanks for the link Jan, would you please give us non Finnish speaking collectors a summary of what the page says...

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Here is the 1936 model in use:

Attachment 586565

Source: SA-kuva
    Are the police checking identification papers or what? Are these military police or civilian?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Sota Poliisi badge
    P
    Many

Quote by dastier View Post
    Thanks for the link Jan, would you please give us non Finnish speaking collectors a summary of what the page says... Are the police checking identification papers or what? Are these military police or civilian?
    They are checking the civilians id's.

The page doesn't have anything important in Finnish really. It only describes whats being shown, in the photos in a really simple way: Mustavalkokopio alkuperäiskappaleesta. Alkuperäinen, värillinen versio on toimitettu Designmuseoon - Black and white copy of the original piece. Design museum owns the original, colored version.

?

I've found this 2 image. but in in those picture the "sotasotapoliisi" has a patch on his arm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Sota Poliisi badge   Finnish Sota Poliisi badge  

Nice photo. The patch is 1939 model.

Quote by kemi View Post
    I've found this 2 image. but in in those picture the "sotasotapoliisi" has a patch on his arm

I take it that the 'sota poliisi' were also used to guard prisoners. What are the Russian soldiers eating?

I really like this pic showing the wearing of a puukko on the belt. Too bad that SA - Kuva logo is over top of it. What year would this photo date from?

I think they are eating crisp bread (näkkileipä). I can edit the logo out.

Given the early war kit the Soviet POW's are wearing, I would say Winter War.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here. The photo was taken in Ilomantsi.

Finnish Sota Poliisi badge

Thanks Aleksander, that's a real nice shot of a puukko in its sheath attached to a belt.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Given the early war kit the Soviet POW's are wearing, I would say Winter War.

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast