Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40

Article about: Was purchased in Finland years ago. Trying to locate the stamping on the rim but there is a lot of paint. Are there areas more likely to have the stampings than others? I don’t want to mess

Default Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40

Was purchased in Finland years ago. Trying to locate the stamping on the rim but there is a lot of paint. Are there areas more likely to have the stampings than others? I don’t want to mess with the entire rim if I can help it. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40
    P
    Many

Here is internet stolen photo, which shows what corner it might be situated.
    Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40

Can't find a mark on the entire rim inside this helmet. What could that mean? It is Swedish, correct? Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40   Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40  

Unusual. Well, without that 72L41 or 72S41 stamp on the rim there is no definite proof that it was manufactured for the Finns at 1941 purchase contract batch.

It is Swedish grey, and very likely made between 1937-1945.

I found my 72L41 stamped helmet from flea market, among others pile of helmets of Swedish m/37 and m/62 models, and bought it for 10€. Keep searching.

Thanks Verikauha. I have a whole list of stuff im looking for but most of it, especially original unaltered helmets, are pretty thin on the ground in the U.S.

Oh and i guess i should mention that there is an inked SA in a box on one of the pads.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a Swedish helmet either M37 or Finnish copy M40  

Oh, that's nice late find. Never seen ink SA stamp on helmets.

SA property stamping stampede of everything became mandatory from year 1942 onward.

Seems someone was sleepy in helmet factory line and forgot to stamp this helmet. Yeah, you got your Finnish m/37 helmet.

Really?! Well, that makes my day. Thanks very much.