Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior.

Article about: Just finished reading Karl Gustav Mannerheim's memoirs. Very interesting to me. Histomil.com • Information With regard to his role as a 12th Cavalry Division commander in WW1 Manner

Default Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior.

Just finished reading Karl Gustav Mannerheim's memoirs. Very interesting to me.

Histomil.com • Information

With regard to his role as a 12th Cavalry Division commander in WW1 Mannerheim respectfully mentions his superior - General Khan Nakhchevanski (Khan of Nakhichevan), commander 2d Cavalry Corpse, one of the brilliant commanders of the Russian Imperial Army, ethnic Azerbaijanian.

Huseyn Khan Nakhchivanski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior.
    P
    Many

Very interesting Mehti, thank you for sharing! I've never heard of him before.

Here's Mannerheim in his Russian Imperial Guard's uniform.
    Attached Images Attached Images Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior. 

Very impressive image, thanks Aleks.
    Here's another one - Mannerheim leading the coronation procession of the Russian tsar Nikolay II in 1896.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl Gustav Mannerheim's WW1 superior.  

Quote by Mehti Safarov View Post
    Very impressive image, thanks Aleks.
    Here's another one - Mannerheim leading the coronation procession of the Russian tsar Nikolay II in 1896.
    Very nice, I haven't seen that before! The guards uniform is aesthetically stunning.

A Very dignified and intelligent man, Mannerheim was. His defensive tactics and strategies successfully kept the Soviet Union at bay not once but twice. And he was able to keep Hitler at bay as well. A remarkable man by any means.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."