Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M/36 Jaeger Lieutenant Tunic

Article about: Just scored this nice 1944 dated M/36 Jaeger tunic. I got excited and decided to make a thread for it already, I'll update the thread with better photos once I receive it.

Post #1 updated with better photos.

The tunic was actually manufactured in 1942. Now I just need to find a proper mannequin torso for displaying the tunic and the command belt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M/36 Jaeger Lieutenant Tunic
    P
    Many

About display. m/27 officer belt is bare minimum requirement.
    You could add Luger pistol holster left side of the belt, correct time-period binoculars with case and mapcase. Mapcase could be anything from common transparent case with map inside, russian looted mapcase or correct m/27 map case. But no big map cases which are meant for artillery, coastal artillery, bomber crews or navy personel.

And possibly Finnish puukko knife. Or with trench art puukko knife if you Only use command belt

You could go with helmet if you are missing correct cap.

Old trousers are hardest to get, but after war infantry adopted same color piping to their trousers as Jaeger units in wartime. Those jodhpurs were still made of diagonal and used until early 1960.
    Borderguard also used Jaeger units trouser piping, not infantry piping. Not common knowledge becouse it doesn't read in any book..

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    About display. m/27 officer belt is bare minimum requirement.
    You could add Luger pistol holster left side of the belt, correct time-period binoculars with case and mapcase. Mapcase could be anything from common transparent case with map inside, russian looted mapcase or correct m/27 map case. But no big map cases which are meant for artillery, coastal artillery, bomber crews or navy personel.

And possibly Finnish puukko knife. Or with trench art puukko knife if you Only use command belt

You could go with helmet if you are missing correct cap.

Old trousers are hardest to get, but after war infantry adopted same color piping to their trousers as Jaeger units in wartime. Those jodhpurs were still made of diagonal and used until early 1960.
    Borderguard also used Jaeger units trouser piping, not infantry piping. Not common knowledge becouse it doesn't read in any book..
    Yes, I'll probably add a mapcase and binoculars, which I already have. I still have to find a nice wartime helmet. Trousers tend to take up too much space.

Just found this in one of the pockets! NCO course cross from 1937, Jaeger Battalion 3.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M/36 Jaeger Lieutenant Tunic   M/36 Jaeger Lieutenant Tunic  

Very nice find, some speculation.
    So the tunic owner was initially NCO in-reserve before war, and likely completed later 1940-1942 reserve-officer or cadet school. This was common occurrence during that time.

I always turn over and clean the pockets in clothing I receive. But the most common find were always pipe- or rollie tobacco morsels. It's surprisingly common that people don't clean these tunics properly, and leave them as they were. I have washed dozen of these by now.

My best pocket find were pioneer major collartabs.

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Very nice find, some speculation.
    So the tunic owner was initially NCO in-reserve before war, and likely completed later 1940-1942 reserve-officer or cadet school. This was common occurrence during that time.

I always turn over and clean the pockets in clothing I receive. But the most common find were always pipe- or rollie tobacco morsels. It's surprisingly common that people don't clean these tunics properly, and leave them as they were. I have washed dozen of these by now.

My best pocket find were pioneer major collartabs.
    Yes indeed, he was a sergeant and completed reserve officer school in 1941. I'll have to look into his service more but one thing I don't understand is that he was assigned into a mortar platoon, yet the tunic has Jaeger collar tabs and his initial training was to be one.

And it's amazing what can be found in pockets! I thought that I had already went through this, but upon further inspection I found this crammed in one of the corners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2