Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

New Finnish medals

Article about: Here are my new finnish medals 1 Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers, in Bronze. This is the scarce type as issued to foreign aid workers who helped Finland in its struggle against

?

Default New Finnish medals

Here are my new finnish medals

1 Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers, in Bronze. This is the scarce type as issued to foreign aid workers who helped Finland in its struggle against Russia, with less than 10,000 awarded, these are very rare to find. Often given to people who helped, such as nurses, medics

2 The Commemoration Cross. (Frivilligkorset - Svenska Finlandsfrivilligas minnesförening)

3 Freedom cross 4th class sorrow cross 1939. These crosses were given to fallen soldiers next of kin, usually wife or mother.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Finnish medals   New Finnish medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Finnish medals
    P
    Many

Nice medals

?

do you have any information about what they are worth!?

1. Volunteers winterwar medal, bronze or iron (black finish) is usually minimum 100€, top 125€
    2. Dont know.
    3. Mothers Cross, price ranges from 40 to 80€, year and condition depends a lot.

Asking prices from another collector, is value what you might not get when you sell it.
    The collectors price them in mind How much they actually value the historical item.
    Prices what you ask might be ridiculous if they add memorial value, or have memories of said item when selling it.

Quote by kemi View Post
    Here are my new finnish medals

1 Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers, in Bronze. This is the scarce type as issued to foreign aid workers who helped Finland in its struggle against Russia, with less than 10,000 awarded, /.../
    Not exactly. About 10.000 were awarded black iron medals for foreign volunteer combatants. This bronze one, for foreigners supporting Finland during the war, was awarded only 1961 times (quantities based on the book by Jani Tiainen). So, the bronze one is scarcer (and expensiver) as the iron one.

greetings
    Tomasz

PS. I have shown both types in this thread: Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers

Hi if you want to sell them message me!

?

Hello

Thanks for the replay But i have to tell you
    Im not interested to sell them!

?

Hello! What is that number 581 on the Frivilligkorset?
    Is it traceable to the specific person?

?

Hello! Yes the number is for a specific person! It should be possible to track the person! but i have not had time to search