Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nordfront cross

Article about: I was going to buy this NORDFRONT Cross 1941-42! I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. But i want to see with you guys for safety!

Nice and interesting award, note the difference in the '4' between the 1941-42 and the 1941-43 version. This difference is apparent in both the white and black enamelled variations.

Nordfront cross

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nordfront cross
    P
    Many

Thanks for posting your Nordfront Kreuz. I also note that in the other thread, you posted the back with the maker being H.G. Lindstrom - which is the same maker in Kemi's post.

Perhaps we can establish a list of makers: the maker of my Nordfront Kreuz is O.Y. Kultakeskus.

Quote by dastier View Post
    Thanks for posting your Nordfront Kreuz. I also note that in the other thread, you posted the back with the maker being H.G. Lindstrom - which is the same maker in Kemi's post.

Perhaps we can establish a list of makers: the maker of my Nordfront Kreuz is O.Y. Kultakeskus.
    I started a thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-kreuz-305099/ maybe 2-3 months ago for the purpose of getting details on all variations and makers and I think I was the only contributor, perhaps you might want to add your example to that thread.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I started a thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-kreuz-305099/ maybe 2-3 months ago for the purpose of getting details on all variations and makers and I think I was the only contributor, perhaps you might want to add your example to that thread.
    Done.

Kemi, I'm sure you're invited too.

Hello,

There are 12 different variations of these crosses:

Nothfront 1941-1942, 1941-1943 with white and black backrounds
    Lapplands front 1941-43 1941-1944 with white and black backrounds
    Eismeerfront cross 1941-43, 1941-1944 with white and black backrounds

So far I have no information about the center piece with screw. I have seen few of them but I dont know when these were made. They could be made from loose parts found in 1990's when one of the manufacturers old stock was sold.

You can also find sub-variotions of the crosses with the lower left arm of swastika having either name of the UHTUA or ALAKURTTI. Since the backround with blue enamelled cross & swastika is technically the same with every award - except this one name of the village, you may find any cross with either of these names. Originally Northfront cross was the one with the name UHTUA and Lappland's and Eismeerfront came with the name of ALAKURTTI instead, but it seems that manufacturer has honestly mixed these backrounds at some point. That was possible since the award itself was unofficial and had no regulations.

At this moment I have never seen a good quality fake. You can find original badges made in silvered tombac and in white metal. Especially the latter ones have lower quality enamel and are not as good in overall quality, so they are sometimes thought to be fakes but are not. Some quantity of these later types have been found as loose parts from one of the manufacturers in 1990's and assembled at that time. You can see the difference in modern rivets, otherwise they are as original as others.

Jani

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2