Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-war m22 shoulderboards

Article about: Got 3 pairs more couple days ago, not my main collection area but I couldnt pass the opportunity Thinking of sharing them. From far left: Technical corps (signal or Pioneer), Green infantry

Default Pre-war m22 shoulderboards

Got 3 pairs more couple days ago, not my main collection area but I couldnt pass the opportunity Thinking of sharing them.

From far left: Technical corps (signal or Pioneer), Green infantry officer after 1937- and lower senior officer grey infantry before -1937. Jägerbattalion and lover Borderguard, two Artillery corporals, airforce, wine red Headquarter (needs upgrade) and last Reserve artillery officer (silver cord)

Have been thinking, should i just instal only lions to to Heaquarter shoulderboar, or both with HQ insignia.
    Pre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-war m22 shoulderboards
    P
    Many

Wow, nice! If you are restoring the HQ shoulder boards, I think it should have both insignia's.

Please share more of your Finnish collection.

HQ upgrade, i have seen 3 insignia variation of HQ shoulderboards.
    Lion/HQ
    Lion/"A" letter insignia, and
    Lion/Infantry (crossed rifles)
    This have made some confusion, but I think I go with Lion/HQ upgrade.

It is fairly common that m22 shoulderboards have only Lion insignia. Maybe becouse shoulderboard colors already tell what unit branch / Guards Regiment you belong anyway.
    I could also upgrade Technical corps, but havent thought what they should be. Technical senior officer is just missing pioneer insignia (punched holes gives away).

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    HQ upgrade, i have seen 3 insignia variation of HQ shoulderboards.
    Lion/HQ
    Lion/"A" letter insignia, and
    Lion/Infantry (crossed rifles)
    This have made some confusion, but I think I go with Lion/HQ upgrade.

It is fairly common that m22 shoulderboards have only Lion insignia. Maybe becouse shoulderboard colors already tell what unit branch / Guards Regiment you belong anyway.
    I could also upgrade Technical corps, but havent thought what they should be. Technical senior officer is just missing pioneer insignia (punched holes gives away).
    I thought that the shoulder boards are for staff officers (esiupseeri) but the insignia means that its a staff officer serving in the HQ (yleisesikunta).

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I thought that the shoulder boards are for staff officers (esiupseeri) but the insignia means that its a staff officer serving in the HQ (yleisesikunta).
    That would make sense, like every military district has their own local headquarters (Lapland, Oulu, Mikkeli area etch.).

Something moar.
    Top row from left: Signal/radioman? (need help), Coastal artillery, two Infantry
    second row: Medical (army and civil guard), Veterinarian, Artillery (army), Artillery (Civil guard) and Gunsmith
    Pre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboards

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    That would make sense, like every military district has their own local headquarters (Lapland, Oulu, Mikkeli area etch.).

Something moar.
    Top row from left: Signal/radioman? (need help), Coastal artillery, two Infantry
    second row: Medical (army and civil guard), Veterinarian, Artillery (army), Artillery (Civil guard) and Gunsmith
    Pre-war m22 shoulderboardsPre-war m22 shoulderboards
    Very nice!