Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about this photo

Article about: I love this photo from the records of SA-KUVA of what an NCO might carry but I have some questions. To the left of the M/31 and above the Luger is a rectangular package of something. Anybody

Default Questions about this photo

I love this photo from the records of SA-KUVA of what an NCO might carry but I have some questions. To the left of the M/31 and above the Luger is a rectangular package of something. Anybody know what it is? In the food area at the upper left, I think the white chunks on the paper caption translates as sugar - looks more like cheese to me? Can anybody clarify? Also, what kind of meat is in the can and what is in the wooden box? Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images Questions about this photo 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about this photo
    P
    Many

If you're referring to the rectangular item resting against the grip of the Luger, I believe that is a field dressing.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks B.B.!

Here is the caption -

"Partiomiehen, lähinnä partionjohtajan varusteet: konepistooli, pistooli, käsikranaatteja, narua, kartta, kompassi, kenttäpullo, rautaisannos, lihasäilykepurkki, sokeria ja leipää
    Nuijamaa 1941.08.02"

And google translation -

"Scoutman's, mainly patrol leader's equipment: submachine gun, pistol, hand grenades, string, map, compass, field bottle, iron dose, canned can, sugar and bread"
    Nuijamaa 19.02.08