Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

rough condition m/36 tunic

Article about: I like the look of the tunic also , a nice piece of history ! Interesting with the marksmans badge still attached

Quote by SnowMonster View Post
    I do not know but I'm going to the archives to look for if there could find any information about him.. He was there for a really long time so it is quite possible that they were in the same trenches.. I guess it has to happen during the winter and continue for several months. my family is from kymenlaakso.Attachment 689698 a little bad quality(thanks to nokia), but there it is Svir power plant
    He could have been in the 8. Division that JR45 was a part of, because it was firstly made out of people from Kymenlaakso and Uusimaa.

You don't have to go to the archival building for the info as they are stored in the central archives in Helsinki, they previously were situated in the war archives. I will send you a link to the site, where you can order his details etc. It doesn't cost a lot, as the postage is 15 euros but the pages are only like 0,20 cents each.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement rough condition m/36 tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by kradman View Post
    You find also in Finland after the war there was a big problem finding clothing so old Army clothing was used ,you see alot of after the war kids clothes made from the great coat cloth where it has been cut up to make clothes
    I have either Finnish or German pilot boots which have been used in lumbering and farming work, and so they also look awful

Default .

And to add to the Svir collection, here's a picture my great-grandfather (Lieutenant second class, Engineer technician) brought home from Svir powerplant. A fallen Soviet bomber.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rough condition m/36 tunic  

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    And to add to the Svir collection, here's a picture my great-grandfather (Lieutenant second class, Engineer technician) brought home from Svir powerplant. A fallen Soviet bomber.
    What a coincidence, that three members ancestors served in almost the same place. Finnlander, is your family originally from Pirkanmaa?

Here's how close between the Svir bridgehead and the power plant are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rough condition m/36 tunic  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 05-21-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Svir railway bridgehead area then and now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rough condition m/36 tunic   rough condition m/36 tunic  

rough condition m/36 tunic   rough condition m/36 tunic  

rough condition m/36 tunic  

Yeah, they seem to be quite close to each other. What a coincidence...

Yes that part of my family lived in Pirkanmaa during the war. Part of them came from Pohjanmaa propably during 1850 or somewhere around it.

Yeah, they seem to be quite close to each other. What a coincidence...

Yes that part of my family lived in Pirkanmaa during the war. Part of them came from Pohjanmaa propably during 1850 or somewhere around it.
    Interesting! Mine too is from Pohjanmaa and Lappi.

That's my father's side. Mother's father is from Pirkanmaa also and mother's mother is from Karelia, Sortavala/Impilahti.

Ontopic:
    I like the way the tunic looks. I prefer my militaria used, not mint. The rougher it looks the better

That's my father's side. Mother's father is from Pirkanmaa also and mother's mother is from Karelia, Sortavala/Impilahti.

Ontopic:
    I like the way the tunic looks. I prefer my militaria used, not mint. The rougher it looks the better
    Karelian, nice! My dads side is from Rovaniemi, Lapland, but originally from Ilmajoki, Etelä-Pohjanmaa. They moved to Rovaniemi a long, long time ago tho, like over a hundred years ago or so. My mothers side is from Pohjois-Pohjanmaa.

I agree that worn items are better. Most unissued items just dont cut it for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast