Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Share Your Finnish Photos

Article about: Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have. I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives

?

Yet another interesting and unusual wartime pic.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    . It could be, that the mother bear was killed. I don't know how bears are able to hibernate at front line conditions, judging the noise and everything. Here's a photo of a Finnish officer with his pet bear, original caption: "Major General Kääriäinen and his pet bear near Syväri, 24 June, 1944."
    I dont know either. But I seem to recall having read, that some bears are able to wake up very quickly and accelerate out of the den, should they be disturbed during hibernation.
    Were this to be correct, I would assume, that goes doubly for when cubs are present.
    Could ruin your whole day, suddenly having a huge furry buzzsaw running around your midst!
    One moment its all fun and games ("Look at ze funny bear cub antics, Heinz!"), next you are flopping on the ground sans jugular.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share Your Finnish Photos
    P
    Many

Thanks Scout, I will keep posting them here.

Yes, I've seen videos where a bear charges out of it's den to protect herself and her cubs during hibernation season. Karelia is known for it's large bear population, so I would have probably been scared more or them, rather than the enemy.

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi here are more photos I hope you like them
    I love the photos Krad, especially the close-up portraits. Thank you for sharing!

Hi Aleksander no problem i will dig somemore out and post them

Here's one that I really liked, so much that I chose it as my avatar .

A Finnish soldier firing his Suomi KP/-31, during a battle at the river Svir.

Source: SA-kuva
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 02-06-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Here's a new one that I got; A Finnish Major of the Air Force.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 02-06-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Hi Aleksander real happy looking guy in that photo , but nice photo showing early uniform

?

Finnish jaeger in german uniform between Hangö and Helsinki. Indepenence war.

Regards.
    svir

?

An image from my grandmother's photo album. A photo of a foster-child
    to the family. who became the 174 mannerheim knight PIKKARAINEN Vilho Antero.

Nice photo and story Kemi, thank you for sharing it with us. I need to read about the deeds, that he was awarded the Mannerheim Cross for.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast