Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tribute to my great-grandfather

Article about: I'm about to make a display of Finnish war stuff. in memory of my great-grandfather. who fought in both the Finnish Winter War and Continuation War. sadly, all his belongings have been disca

Default Re: Tribute to my great-grandfather

That's a great display with some fantastic items!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tribute to my great-grandfather
    P
    Many

Very nice display.

?

thank you very much!!

This is a new addition to the collection (Kiltaristi)"reservist guild cross" given to all soldiers which has been in the porinrykmentin. My great-grandfather did served with them in the civil War in a machine Gun company. They could not send me a certificate
    for that reason that he have been dead for too long. however they could give me a cross for him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tribute to my great-grandfather  

Hello Kemi.

What a nice display and tribute to your great grandfather. I bet he would be proud to see all your work and what you have been doing.
    I do have a question I have just begun collecting to tribute my family.
    Where have you found all your different kind of information?

Regards
    René

I like what you have done.
    I have family that participated in the Winter War and later became active in the resistance at home.

There is nothing like family related militaria.

Hello or Hej Webbing.

Do you have family related items from your family?
    And where in Denmark are you from?

Hej Rene,

Most of the uniforms and equipment was lost, due to my great grandfather was given it for daily use.
    He cut off the insignia and wore it as work cloths until it was thrown out.

The old man is still alive (the one that volunteered for the Winter War), and all items that survived are still with him.

?

Glad you like it.
    I found almost all of the information in the finnish national Archives. and in the Finnish War Veteransorgination. But if he was a volunteered from Denmark i don´t know if they can find him in the finnish national Archives. I think they only have information on soldiers from Finland
    But it's certainly worth a try. Remember that it cost round 30 EUR for the national Archives searching for him. but personally I think it is worth it

website.Vuosina 1939
    Arkistolaitos - Frontpage

Hello Kemi.

Thank you for telling.
    My grandfather is a finn. He was send as a sotalapset/warchild to Denmark in 1942. But my greatgrandfather fought in the war. As well did my greatgrandmothers one or two brothers, their cousins, and so on. But I have visited the Arkisto in Helsinki last summer, but it felt like some of the papers were missing or lost. They said it was pretty common during the war. So the best way to find information was in his military passport. So I am trying to find it around the living family.
    I have just begun collecting as well. To tribute my greatgrandfather. That was why I ask'd where you got all your beautiful information from.
    But the first start of my collection are my grandfathers suitcase, the one he had with him, when he travelled from Finland to Denmark in 1942.

I will try to contact the Veteranorgination.
    Thanks Kemi,

Regards
    René

CBH
    ?

A great tribute ! It's sad that so much history gets tossed out in the trash . It is an interesting part of history, the Finnish part in the war . It was nice that you could receive their medals after all this time . I'm sure you'd make them proud and will keep their memory alive , in your family for the generations to come . Great collection .
    Cheers Chris

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast