Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tribute to my great-grandfather

Article about: I'm about to make a display of Finnish war stuff. in memory of my great-grandfather. who fought in both the Finnish Winter War and Continuation War. sadly, all his belongings have been disca

?

Default Re: Tribute to my great-grandfather

What I have understood about the book is that it´s free to be in the book. But you have to send in a desire to be in it.
    so all those who fought in the division is not included in the book. But it's worth a try i did managed to find one more brother to my great-grandfather.

Here comes some pictures how the display stands today. Did get one Finnish wound badge, to my great-grandfathers brother
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tribute to my great-grandfather   Tribute to my great-grandfather  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tribute to my great-grandfather
    P
    Many

Yes, I have looked a bit into these books. It was on volunteer basis if you wanted to be in them. It is differently worth trying. You have found a lot of relatives this way, have you not?
    Do you need to know where the person served or can you just search by name and date of birth?

Like the woundbadge. Have one for my self also.
    Loves your display and tribute.

Terveisin,

Quote by kemi View Post
    I thought I could refresh my great-uncle's display a little bit. So I bought some frames and had myself a littel crafting moment. I was quite happy with the result, but if it is someone has some great suggestions how it can be better, I would be happy for some help.

I was also told today that I was invited to my great-grandfather's brother's daughter this summer to our family-house in Finland, i hope i will get good information from her. I have never met her or been in the houses before so it will be pretty exciting.
    I very much like the pull over!!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hello all my friends!!

Here comes a little update with two new members to the cabinet!

we start with my GGFathers brother who fought in Kuhmo in the winterwar and in
    Sovajärvi
    Polkuvaara
    Aapajärvi
    Nenäpalo (side by side with my GGFather)
    Kuorakevaara (side by side with my GGFather)
    Tuorevaara
    Alinen Vilmajoki
    Keskinen Vilmajoki
    Isonselänlaki
    Nuottavaara
    Tuutijärvi in the continuation War 1941-1942 discharge. I will visit his daughter this summer.

The other man is my great uncle and his best Friend . I would like to thank Bill T who colorized the image for me.
    My uncle is the man on the right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tribute to my great-grandfather   Tribute to my great-grandfather  

?

I have only find one relatives this way. The man how fought at suomussalmi. You need to know which division he was in and his namn i think . sry for the late reply

?

The mailman did drop a of a little surprise today! From the finnish veterans association.

?

will reveal what's in it later

?

And here it´s. It is a medal for my great-uncle called Home Front Commemorative Cross (Kotijoukkojen Risti)
    The Cross was awarded for distinguished service on the Home Front during both the Winter War of November 1939 to March 1940 and again in the Continuation War from June 1941 to September 1944 when Soviet Russia attempted to re-annex Finland.

Tribute to my great-grandfather   Tribute to my great-grandfather  

Congrats Kemi. That's really something that the Finnish Veterans Association sent you that medal! Your display looks great.

?

thank you very much! yes,it means a lot to me that they send my relatives medals to me!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast